High Fidelity Surround Monitor System!
The m906 by Grace Design is a stand-alone, high fidelity 5.1 monitoring system designed for audio professionals in the music recording and television/film sound markets. Built with the same attention to quality and sonic detail as our company's award winning microphone preamplifiers and model 901 headphone amp, the m906 truly represents a new standard in reference surround monitoring capabilities and performance.Features:
- The m906 system is comprised of three components; a 2U, 19" rack mount I/O and processing mainframe, a full function remote control unit and an external 1U, half-rack power supply.
- Balanced and unbalanced analog 5.1 inputs, multiple balanced stereo analog inputs, and digital 5.1 and stereo source inputs accommodate large studio monitoring system configurations.
- Ultra-low distortion 5.1 and stereo 24-bit D/A conversion included as standard in AES3, ADAT, S/PDIF and Optical (TOSlink) formats. Sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz are supported.
- The elegant and comprehensive remote control unit allows complete system operation from the mix position. A high quality 25' remote cable is included as standard.
- Sophisticated system calibration tools allow users to adjust input levels, inter-channel balance offsets and control room output levels through a range of +/- 10dB in .5dB increments.
- A fixed level, 5.1 configuration DAC output allows direct connection to recording systems for stem transfers.
- Word Clock input/thru provides external system reference clocking as well as the ability to pass external clock signals thru to other digital devices down stream of the m906.
- The m906 DAC includes Grace Design's new s-Lock two stage PLL (Phase Lock Loop) circuitry for the ultimate in low jitter digital signal stability and sonic integrity.
- Solo and mute functions are available on a channel by channel basis, and mono, dim and mute all controls are also provided.
- Stereo cue inputs/outputs allow cue feeds to be monitored in the control room as well as fed to the studio monitoring system.
- Two reference headphone outputs are provided. One is located on the remote control unit while the other is on the front panel of the system mainframe.
- Control room and headphone level outputs are controlled via two stepped rotary encoders in .5dB steps. The range is 100dB.
- A pair of large, blue 7-segment LED's are used to show control room and headphone output level values.
- A balanced talkback microphone input is provided on the rear panel of the system mainframe. Users can operate the talkback function via a momentary-action switch on the remote control unit or by connecting a footswitch to the TRS jack on the rear of the mainframe unit. The mic preamp used is essentially a single channel from our model 801R.