Connect FW 400 and 800 Devices to Your Mac!
Plug into Sonnet Technologies' Yin Yang FireWire hub and keep using all your FireWire devices with your newer Mac. Whether it's a camcorder, an external drive, or an older iPod, your FireWire 400-equipped devices won't get left by the wayside when you're using your FW 800-equipped Mac Mini, iMac, or MacBook Pro. The Yin Yang FireWire hub has a FireWire 800 connector at one end, while the other end features a FireWire 400 port and a FireWire 800 port. This means you can plug in a FW 400 and a FW 800 device at the same time! This amazing hub requires no external power, and it will support a bus-powered 2.5" drive on either port. You can even plug in and disconnect devices from the Yin Yang without turning off your computer!Sonnet Technologies Yin Yang FireWire 400/800 to FireWire 800 Hub Features:
- Connects a FireWire 400 device and a FireWire 800 device to a single FireWire 800 port on your computer
- Supports concurrent data transfers to and from two attached devices at 800 Mb/s and 400 Mb/s, respectively
- Operates without an external power supply
- Supports one bus-powered device on either port
- Allows you to plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Conveniently compact, ruggedly built