Converts Between a Combo and Head!
Here's a slick idea: Mesa/Boogie's brilliant Walkabout Scout is everything you need and nothing you don't. True, it's a 300-watt bass combo stunner that's packed with all of those pure tube bass tones you love. Yet, when all you need is the head the Walkabout Scout is totally convertible. With only a screwdriver, you can quickly take the featherweight 13-pound amp head with you. A knock-out blend of small size, huge sound, and total flexibility - you're going be crazy about the Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout.Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout 300-watt 1 x 12" Bass Amplifier Combo/Convertible Bass Head at a Glance:
- Breakthrough convertible combo/head design
- Loaded with the latest in Mesa/Boogie's bass know-how
Breakthrough convertible combo/head design
Okay, so the Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout is loaded up with 300 watts of that luscious tube tone you've been wanting - but it offers it up with a cool twist. You can use the Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout as the potent 1 x 12" bass combo amplifier that it is - perfect for gigging, recording, jamming... whatever you want. But when the moment calls for a blistering 300-watt bass combo head, you're ready for it. That's because you can quickly take the Mesa/Boogie Walkabout Scout's head out of the base with just a screwdriver, freeing you for direct recording or full-stack madness. How cool is that?
Loaded with the latest in Mesa/Boogie's bass know-how
As if the innovative head/combo trick wasn't enough, Mesa/Boogie went ahead and loaded the Walkabout Scout with all of their raveworthy bass technology. Inside is their high-performance, tube-driven MOSFET power block and their unique down-firing passive radiator for shocking hugeness. You can take charge of your sound using Mesa's Player Control Network, which features a selectable 3-point crossover, a horn attenuator, and instant-reset horn protection. Add everything together, and you'll be thinking nothing but Walkabout Scout.
Your new Mesa/Boogie amp is protected by Mesa's transferable warranty: five years on
the electronics, three years for speakers, and six months for tubes.
- 300-watt 1 x 12" tube bass amplifier and convertible bass head
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Simul-State power, 6 tube-driven power MOSFETs, 2 x 12AX7s, and an active/passive input switch
- 4-stage vacuum tube preamplifier featuring gain, active bass, treble, passive mid, and a 3-band semi-parametric EQ that provides 15dB of cut or boost from 30Hz to 12kHz
- Main output level control
- FX loop with true hard bypass switch
- Balanced direct line output with level control and ground lift switch
- 2 x 1/4" speaker outputs
- Player Control Network features selectable 3-point crossover (3k/4k/5k), premium horn attenuator, and instant-reset horn protection
- Black Bronco (standard) with black twisted jute grille
- Included slipcover
- Important Notice for International Customers: Mesa/Boogie products sold by Sweetwater are intended for use within the United States. We are unable to ship any Mesa/Boogie products outside of the US.