Fast Attack, Huge Low End
When you want to capture the big low end of a kick drum or grand piano, many engineers here at Sweetwater reach for the Beyerdynamic TG D71c. This boundary mic's non-slip rubber bottom rests comfortably inside the cavity of an instrument. Its half-cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound in a big way, and its high 148dB SPL handling is virtually impossible to overload. And once you find your sweet spot, you can mount the Beyerdynamic TG D71c inside your instrument courtesy of its two mounting holes. This is a nice option for touring percussionists and keyboardists who want to make capturing the true character of their instrument every night a plug-and-play affair.
Beyerdynamic TG D71c Boundary Condenser Microphone Features:
- Great for miking kick drum, cajon, and piano
- Huge low end
- Fast attack
- Low distortion - internal preamp handles 148dB SPLs!
- Half-cardioid pickup pattern rejects feedback and off-axis noise
- Non-slip rubber backing rests comfortably inside the cavity of an instrument
- Mounting screws hang the TG D71c from a gobo, or mount it inside an instrument
- Requires phantom power