The Goodness of Tape, in a Plug-in
To develop Satin, u-he took a trip back to the Golden Age of magnetic tape recording. After many months engaged in meticulous research and measurement, they developed a software plug-in that nails the sonic magic of tape machines. Satin delivers the whole analog tape experience - and you control it all. It starts with tape formulation, where you have a selection of emulsions. You also get your choice of noise-reduction encoding/decoding. Tape compression, wow and flutter, and other artifacts? Definitely. Satin even offers a global feedback path for organic tape delay and tape flanging effects. At Sweetwater, we love tape. Instantiate u-he Satin, and you will, too.u-he Satin Tape Machine Plug-in Features at a Glance:
- Mix-and-match emulation spans all major historical developments in tape technology
- Control multiple instances from one panel - glue multiple tracks together
- High-quality: internal sample rate up to 384kHz, continuous tape speed control
- All the goodness of tape, including saturation, transient-smoothing, HF compression, etc.
- Full control over head-bump, wow and flutter, asperity noise, hiss, etc.
- Record / repro EQ standards (separately selectable), classic NR compander standards
- Extra FX modes: through-zero tape flanging, host-synchronizable 4-tap stereo delay