Powerful Sampling and Effects in a Compact, Fun Keyboard!
The easy-to-use Korg microSAMPLER keyboard is fun to play and feature packed! Use the line inputs or the included microphone to put sounds into the microSAMPLER, then use its expressive-feeling 37-key keyboard to trigger samples or play them musically. This amazing little sampler includes 21 outstanding onboard effects, a pattern sequencer, time-stretch capability, and selectable sample rates (go from pristine to lo-fi instantly). You also get editor/librarian software, so you can manage your sample library and back up files via USB. Make sampling fun, easy, and creative, with the microSAMPLER!Korg microSAMPLER Sampling Keyboard at a Glance:
- Powerful fun
- Sample the way you want
- The sampling features you need
- Pattern sequencer lets you perform with the microSAMPLER
- Amazing effects
- USB port and editor/librarian software
The microSAMPLER is designed for performance — and it's a ton of fun to play! In addition to triggering samples as on a conventional pad-type sampler, you can also play the samples at different pitches in a musical fashion, and even resample the result. The controllers you need for an exciting performance are laid out on the panel for intuitive operation. The status of the samples assigned to each key (and the item being edited) is indicated by the lit state of the LEDs running along the top of the keyboard, ensuring excellent visibility even on stage.
The microSAMPLER features Korg's natural touch mini keyboard, so your get greatly enhanced playability and expressiveness. The touch has been improved so that rapid phrases can be played more easily. The box-shaped keys project a sense of quality, and also allow smoother glissandi.
Sample the way you want
Both line input and mic input are provided to allow a broad range of input sources including electronic musical instruments, CD, and voice. The microSAMPLER even includes a gooseneck microphone, so you can sample on the go! The microSAMPLER can run on batteries, so you can perform on the go - or capture samples anywhere. In addition, there's a resampling function that lets you play existing layered samples processed by an effect and played by the loop sequencer — and capture it all as a new sample.
When sampling, you can select One Shot, Gate, or Loop methods; this greatly enhances the realtime character of your performance. In addition, you can use two completely new sampling methods "Key Gate" and "Auto Next" to sample more efficiently and creatively than ever.
The sampling features you need
The microSAMPLER gives you a full complement of top-end sampling features, including 14-voice polyphony, reverse playback, editing operations such as Normalize and Truncate, and a Time Stretch feature that lets you change the tempo without affecting the pitch. Selectable sample rates of 48kHz, 24kHz, 12kHz down to 6kHz let you sample at rates beyond CD clarity or add in that Lo-Fi vintage vibe...yet the microSAMPLER is also incredibly easy to operate! Each bank contains 36 samples and sixteen patterns of sequence data; the microSAMPLER lets you store eight such banks in internal memory.
Pattern sequencer lets you perform with the microSAMPLER
The pattern sequencer uses an overdub operating style that lets you continually layer your performances. Switch between patterns during playback for seamless performances. Up to sixteen patterns (16,000 notes per pattern or a maximum 64,000) can be stored in each bank.
Developed for Korg's KAOSS PAD series, the effect engine serves up a great selection of effects (very important when you're editing samples). The 21 effects include not only traditional delay and chorus, but also ring modulator and grain shifter, and even a Looper that's derived from the Loop Recording feature of the KAOSSILATOR Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer.
USB port and editor/librarian software
By using editor/librarian software for the microSAMPLER, you can manage a gigantic sample library that's all your own. You can back up sample data to your computer via USB, load samples into the microSAMPLER, and back up the sequence data. Importing and exporting of WAV/AIFF data on your computer is also supported.
- Keyboard: 37-notes (natural-touch mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Banks: Eight User banks (A-H), 1 ROM bank
- Sampling types: Loop/One Shot/ Gate/ Auto Next/Key Gate
- Sampling sources: Audio input (mic/line), resampling
- Sampling rates: 48kHz/24kHz/12kHz/6kHz
- Sampling time: Approximately 160 seconds per bank (159.7 seconds for mono, sampling rate 48kHz)
- Sample playback polyphony: Maximum 14 notes (seven notes if using time strech playback)
- Playback sampling rate: 48kHz
- Pattern sequencer with 16 patterns per bank
- 21 effects types
- Inputs: (L/Mono, R jacks- rear panel) Connector: 1/4" TS; (Mic jack - front panel) Connector: XLR jack (balanced)
- Outputs: (L/Mono, R jacks) Connectors: 1/4" TS
- MIDI connectors: In/Out
- USB connector: B-type connector
- microSAMPLER editor/ librarian software (Mac/PC)
- Display: Custom LCD
- Power Supply: DC 9V (When using batteries: six AA alkaline batteries); battery life: approximately three hours
- Dimensions: 20.31" W x 9.37" D x 2.56" H
- Weight: 4.19 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter, gooseneck microphone