You Get Two Great Ribbon Mic Voices Plus High SPL Handling!
Get dual-purpose performance from Shure's KSM313 ribbon microphone! One side of the KSM313 provides a brighter character that shines on your vocals, while the other side offers a rich, full sound that's ideal for your amplified instruments. Among its other premium components, this striking ribbon mic features Roswellite ribbon material, which is stronger than the standard foil used by conventional ribbon mics. The result? You get superior sound and great performance at high SPLs. Call your Sales Engineer today and find out how great you can sound, with a KSM313 mic!
Shure KSM313 Dual-voice Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- What Roswellite can do for you
- Premium construction
- You'll love this mic's "split personality"
What Roswellite can do for you
If fear of damaging a ribbon mic's fragile ribbon element has made you hesitant about adding one to your locker, worry no more. Shure's KSM313 uses a stronger element made of Roswellite material, which has better "shape memory" than conventional materials. This means the KSM313 can withstand high SPLs without ill effects - and still give you the smooth ribbon-mic character you're looking for.
In addition to its Roswellite ribbon element, the KSM313 comes packed with premium components. Inside, for example, you'll find a double-shielded transformer, which gives you robust output while minimizing RF and magnetic interference. This is a must for modern recording situations. This hand-assembled mic includes high-quality machined steel, silver, gold, and aluminum materials throughout, and you can expect it to remain a mainstay in your studio for years to come.
You'll love this mic's "split personality"
While the difference between the KSM313's "bright" and "dark" voices isn't exactly of "Jeckyll and Hyde" proportions, you'll find that it does make this mic sound great on several different sources - without losing its essential character. Sing into the bright side, and you're treated to a clean, clear, and smooth sound with plenty of articulation. Turn the mic around to capture amplified instruments, with a full, natural sound.
- Bi-directional polar pattern delivers premier audio with superior off-axis rejection
- 1 side tuned to sound warm and full on amplifiers, the other side tuned to sound bright and flattering on vocals
- Roswellite proprietary ribbon material has high tensile strength, toughness and shape memory for superior resilience at extreme SPLs
- Custom-sourced components for superior presence, minimized signal loss and maximized output
- 146dB SPL across 30Hz-15kHz frequency range ideal for capturing fast transients
- Legendary Shure quality and superior construction
- Hand-assembled machined steel, silver, gold and aluminum materials
- Protective wood case included for storage
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage): -54.5dBV/Pa (1.88 mV/Pa)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on front side of ribbon produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3, pin 1 ground
- Connector: 3-pin professional audio (XLR) male