Compact Yet Powerful Active PA Speakers from QSC
We'll sum up the QSC K12 active loudspeaker in a word: "WOW." When QSC came to Sweetwater to let us hear their K Series of speakers, we could hardly believe our ears. These extremely lightweight, 1,000W powerhouses will redefine your expectations of how a compact PA speaker should sound. They're loud, yes. But they have the kind of balance and clarity you expect to find in only the best studio monitors. And their wide dispersion means everyone in the audience can hear clearly. Your portable PA rig doesn't have to sound small when you're equipped with QSC K12 active loudspeakers.
Built-in DSP for tailored sonic performance
QSC packed in tailored EQ switches and DSP, so you can adjust the K12's sound to whatever you're doing. Our favorite is the DEEP switch. Flip it on, and you've got an unbelievable bass response from a 12" speaker. You can always add a sub if you want true full-range response. Use the Vocal Boost to give the mid-frequency area more presence or keep it flat for "what goes in is what comes out" honesty. Other clever touches include the switchable LED light if you find it visually intrusive, simply turn it off. You can even have the LED work as a Clip Limiter Circuit indicator, so the sound engineer knows what's going on, even from the back of the room.
Smart input/output options
The QSC K12's combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both Mic and Line Level input while a set of RCA phono inputs make it easy to hook up your portable MP3 players, CD players, and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units — very handy. Plus separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for even more flexibility.
Dual-angle pole socket for more positioning options
When you're playing to a smaller room, it's often better to angle your speakers down towards the audience as opposed to firing straight into the back wall. QSC K12 speakers feature a Tilt-Direct pole socket that makes it easy to angle the speaker downward 7.5 degrees.
QSC K12 Powered PA Speaker Features:
- Powerful active PA speaker with 12" LF driver and 1.75" HF driver
- 1,000 watt continuous, efficient and light-weight class-D power module
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) and Intrinsic Correction DSP tuning for accurate, undistorted performance across the entire sound field
- GuardRail technology discreetly protects the system from damaging overload
- Deep mode for enhanced low-frequency extension without a subwoofer
- Locking IEC power cable
- XLR and 1/4" connectors
- Phone Mic/Line and Line inputs with Loop-thru connectors and independent level controls
- Phono RCA inputs for consumer music players
- Front mounted LED may be switched off or indicate "Limit" or AC Power On
- Dual angle, 35mm pole socket with Tilt-Direct allows the speaker to be angled down by 7.5 degrees
- Threaded pole socket for solid, secure pole mounting
- Suspension and yoke mounting accessories available
- 4" voice-coil woofer design for reduced weight
- 1.75" voice-coil compression driver
- High Pass Filter for use with subwoofers