The High-Definition Audio Interface for the Road!
The Cakewalk FA-66 is an ultra-portable FireWire audio interface - it pairs perfectly with a laptop for mobile recording. Take it out on the road to record choirs, recitals, orchestras, performances - you'll enjoy its high-definition 24-bit/192kHz performance when simultaneously recording four channels. Another nice feature is that the Cakewalk FA-66 runs on FireWire bus power - so you don't need to bring along a power cable or seek out an outlet when all you want is to record. You'll also be ready to record on both Macs and PCs with the Cakewalk FA-66.Cakewalk FA-66 Audio Interface at a Glance:
- Incredibly versatile compact audio solution!
- High-definition 24-bit/192kHz audio capability with S/PDIF digital I/O
- Plenty of input and output options
- Next-to-no-latency direct monitoring
- Runs on FireWire bus power
Incredibly versatile compact audio solution!
The FA-66 is a 6-channel portable FireWire audio interface that's tailor-made for mobile recording and performance professionals. The FA-66 offers incredible audio fidelity, stability, and a practical set of input and output options. The FA-66 offers 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs with phantom power and 2 RCA inputs, plus 4 balanced +4dBu outputs, optical S/PDIF I/O, a built-in analog limiter, zero-latency direct monitoring, solid metal construction, and FireWire bus power, all built into a durable compact design.
High-definition 24-bit/192kHz audio capability with S/PDIF digital I/O
With the FA-66 you get 6-in/6-out 24 bit/96kHz simultaneous performance. You can record and play back up to 6 channels at 24-bit/96kHz. Plus, the FA-66 can record and play back up to 4 channels at ultra-high definition 24-bit/192kHz.
Plenty of input and output options
Record from a variety of sources through the FA-66's plethora of input and output options: 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs with phantom power, with a Hi-Z (Guitar) switch on input 2; stereo RCA inputs, and S/PDIF optical I/O. The FA-66 features very clean high-gain microphone preamps and premium analog components for true quality performance. Use the 4 individual +4dBu balanced analog outputs or the S/PDIF out to send audio to your mixer or monitors. There's a handy 1/4" stereo headphone output, and MIDI I/O. A built-in analog limiter prevents clipping in your recordings. Get high quality live recordings with a wide dynamic range.
Next-to-no-latency direct monitoring
You can listen to audio being recorded directly without routing through software, with the FA-66's Direct Monitoring function. This allows the input to go straight to the output, so you don't have issues with latency. What's more, the FA-66 also offers incredibly low latency when monitoring through software or performing with software synths through the Apple CoreAudio driver as well as the WDM/ASIO2.0 drivers for Windows XP.
Runs on FireWire bus power
In the field there's no AC adapter required with the FA-66! Just connect one FireWire cable to your laptop to create a quality field recorder. Reduce your cables and record anywhere with the FA-66. For desktop use, the FA-66 package comes with an AC adapter. The FA-66 packs Cakewalk's latest audio technology in a small, durable body for incredibly portable FireWire audio recording!
- 6-In/6-Out 24 bit/96kHz simultaneous recording
- 4-In/4-Out 24 bit/192kHz simultaneous recording
- Compatible with Mac OS X standard driver provided by Apple - just plug in and go!
- Variety of input and output options
- 2 XLR/TRS combo jacks with premium phantom power mic preamps
- +4 dB balanced input and output
- S/PDIF optical input and output ports with "SYNC" LED indicator
- MIDI In/Out ports
- Built-in analog limiter and peak indicator
- FireWire bus powered
- AC Adapter Included
- Mac OS X CoreAudio and Windows XP WDM and ASIO 2.0 Support
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Both 6-pin & 4-pin IEEE1394 ports
- Compact, solid metal construction