A Stage and Studio Performer with Amazing Looks to Match!
Mesa/Boogie's Express 5:50 Combo Custom 2-channel tube amplifier goes beyond what you'd expect from even a feature-laden Boogie amp! This special edition of Boogie's compact Express 5:50 Combo turns into a completely different beast with the flip of a switch. You can actually choose between a 50-watt Class A/B power section and a Class A 5-watt power section! This flexibility makes the 1 x 12" Express 5:50 Combo Custom perfect for both loud live work and small amp recording! Of course, as a Mesa/Boogie, this amp comes loaded with tons of great features, a huge range of tones, and amazingly distinctive looks. Get onboard the Express 5:50 Combo Custom and hang on!
Wouldn't it be great if you could get that rich small amp tone you get in the studio, onstage? Thanks to Mesa/Boogie, you can! The Express 5:50 Combo Custom features four inspiring modes and two completely different power configurations, spread across two fully independent channels. Are you a tonal traditionalist? Select clean and blues for your two footswitchable sounds. If you're addicted to gain, choose crunch and burn. Then, stand back as the well-mannered soul of Dr. Jekyll morphs into the maniacal Mr. Hyde, the hardcore beast. Most important is the classic authenticity of all these iconic tones. No matter what your stylistic destination, the Express 5:50 Combo Custom will take you there - fast.
Up front, that number 5 indicates the low-power, single-ended magic of pure Class A. The 25 and the 50 refer to the rated push-pull (Class A/B) output. Together, these make up Duo-Class, Mesa/Boogie's newly patented power circuit. It's the first to offer both single-ended and push-pull configurations in the same amplifier.
Each channel is further equipped with its own contour depth control for added shaping that's both assignable and footswitchable. Used subtly, contour adds a halo of depth and chime to gleaming clean sounds. Higher contour settings, especially in crunch and burn, take you into recto turf, which is tight, huge, and menacing. Don't be fooled by the compact size of these combos; they're capable of the kind of volume that can keep up with a live band while providing the tonality, nuance, and flexibility you need in the studio.Mesa/Boogie's Warranty: The Best in the Business!
Your new Mesa/Boogie amp is protected by Mesa/Boogie's transferable warranty: five years on
the electronics, three years for speakers, and six months for tubes.
- Open-back combo
- British tan Bronco vinyl with tan grille
- 1 x 12" C90 speaker
- All-tube design featuring 5 x 12AX7As and 2 x 6L6s
- Switches from 50-watt Class A/B operation to 5-watt Class A operation
- Fixed bias for consistent performance
- 2 fully independent channels with 4 style modes
- Independent gain, treble, mid, bass, reverb, master, and contour controls per channel
- Footswitchable variable contour control on each channel provides EQ from 1 rotary control
- All-tube long-spring reverb and effects loop
- 3-button footswitch (channels 1 and 2, reverb, and contour)
- Slipcover included
- Important Notice for International Customers: Mesa/Boogie products sold by Sweetwater are intended for use within the United States. We are unable to ship any Mesa/Boogie products outside of the US.