A Great Way to Add Eight Channels to Your Studio!
The PreSonus DigiMAX FS is an 8-channel microphone preamplifier, with 24-bit/96kHz ADAT dual SMUX I/O and word clock I/O. Loaded with direct outputs and inserts on every channel, the DigiMAX FS is the perfect hardware expansion for your FireStudio or any digital recording system with optical light pipe expansion capability including DigiDesign's HD and 002 systems, RME, YAMAHA, Alesis, Mackie, and many others.PreSonus DigiMAX FS at a Glance:
- Eight Class A mic preamps
- New jitter reduction technology for smear-free audio
- Handles wide variations in clock frequencies
Eight Class A mic preamps
The DigiMAX FS starts with eight custom-designed high-voltage, discrete, XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers. PreSonus knows that the preamplifier is a key component in the sonic quality of a recording. The job of a microphone preamplifier is to boost microphone level signals to line level so that the signal can be converted from analog to digital. This mic to line boost is generally a preamplification of over 400 times the voltage of the original mic level signal. This preamplification stage is one of the most important stages that the signal will go through before converted to digital, and is why a high performance preamplifier is important to achieving great results. A cheap "off the shelf op-amp" type mic preamp that is found in many 8 channel preamps with digital output, translates into thin, noisy and harsh results.
New jitter reduction technology for smear-free audio
The DigiMAX FS is loaded with new patented JetPLL jitter reduction technology ensuring ultra-high converter performance, fast and robust locking through a wide range and variation of frequencies and noise shaping to remove nearly all audio band jitter.
Handles wide variations in clock frequencies
The DigiMAX FS locks up to any digital format quickly, through a wide range of frequencies. It's extremely robust and tolerant of wide variations in clock frequencies. This ensures near-perfect clock performance when networking audio devices.
- Eight Class A microphone preamps w/ trim control
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz sampling rate
- 96kHz ADAT input and output (dual SMUX)
- JetPLL jitter reduction technology for ultra tight synchronization
- Direct outputs and inserts on every channel
- Word clock input and output
- Ensures highest converter performance possible, resulting in better separation