Dual Super Lead Series 3-Channel Wonder!
If you want classic "Marshall" tone, in an all-in-one, easy to transport combo, then the Marshall DSL401 is the amp for you. For the guitarist in a "local" band that needs practicality and authentic Marshall tone, the DSL401 Is a dream come true... it'll easily fit in the back seat of your car as well as your budget.Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 Features:
- The perfect Marshall for vintage sound and mobility.
- Classic gain clean channel.
- Marshall lead 1 similar to the JCM800.
- Marshall lead 2 adds more gain and compression.
The most significant difference from the rest of the DSL range, is the DSL401 has three footswitchable sounds - Clean, OD1 & OD2! The difference between OD1 and OD2 is a massive 20dB boost, which is instantly accessible with a mere tap of your foot on the supplied 2-way (Clean/OD, OD1/OD2) LED footswitch. Like its bigger brothers, the Clean channel of the DSL401 produces a wide array of crystal clear yet complex, clean sounds. It also gets big 'n' bluesy when the channel's Gain control is cranked up.
The Marshall 1959 Super Lead Plexi head and the JCM800 Master Volume 2203 are recognized the world over as benchmarks in tone, feel, musical power and sheer size of sound. The Dual Super Lead (DSL) amps feature two footswitchable channels each with two modes that bring the tone and feel of both of these classic amps plus more!
Classic Gain Clean Channel
The Classic Gain Clean channel will take you from sparkling clean sound rich in harmonics to a controlled, beefy 1959SLP Plexi style crunch by turning up the gain. Like a true Marshall, it's capable of a clean with a little break up as a player digs into the string or varies the volume on his guitar. (Plexi users include: Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Angus Young, Eric Johnson, Eddie Van Halen, and Jimmy Page to name a very few of a very long list.) This channel is great for Blues, rock, country, chicken pickin' and funk without even going to channel 2! Crunch mode will take you up to a stock JCM800 2203 style grind which stays loud and tight with just enough punch for leads or rhythms to cut through a band. (JCM800 users include: Kerry King, Zakk Wylde, Buddy Guy, and almost every '80s hard rock/metal band)
Marshall Lead 1
The Ultra Gain Lead 1 gives an open high gain crunch, similar to a hot-rodded JCM800 model 2203. It takes up where crunch mode left off. Brutal rhythm sounds, but lower the amp gain and you'll achieve a Stevie Ray Vaughn or Gary Moore type tone.
Marshall Lead 2
Lead 2 gives a boosted tone with even more gain (pure metal meltdown.) This channel has the same tone controls as the Lead 1 mode, but with a lot more gain and compression to play searing guitar lines with. It will still clean up with lower gain settings or by rolling off the volume on your guitar, but when the gain is cranked, the dynamics and response will follow every note without blurring. With slow legato lines, the amazing sustain will bloom into controlled violin-like feedback hanging on as long as you want.
- EL34 power tubes on the DSL100 and DSL50 (EL84 power tubes on the DSL401)
- 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Deep Switch - adds a tuned (resonant) bass boost, increasing bottom end thud that can't be emulated by a simple EQ network.
- Presence Control - Adds higher frequencies creating crispness and bite in the power stage.
- Tone Shift - Push this in and turn down the Middle control for the 'scooped' tone used in metal styles.
- PED801 (one is included) single button footswitch for switching channels
- Effects Loop Series fx loop with +4 and -10 switching for adding external rack or stompbox effects. As a general rule, you'll want to run ambience and modulation effects through the loop and gain, compressors and wah's through the front of the amp. But as always, try both and see what works best for you. This applies to all fx loops in all Marshall amps.
- Reverb - DSLs feature separate reverb controls for blending the perfect ambient tone.
If you're looking for a versatile amp, capable of delivering Tool/ACDC/Zepplin type crunch, anything with plenty of lows and mids, at an affordable price, your search ends here.