A Clarett for the Singer-Songwriter
Perfect for the singer-songwriter, Focusrite's Clarett 2Pre Thunderbolt interface gives you two pristine mic/instrument/line preamps, state-of-the-art 192kHz/24-bit digital conversion, and ultra-low round-trip latency, so you can use your DAW plug-ins for monitoring. Focusrite engineered the 10-in, 4-out Clarett 2Pre to deliver vanishingly low noise and distortion, and they included their "Air" effect, which models the sound of the company's acclaimed ISA transformer-based preamps. The Focusrite Clarett 2Pre is the easiest way to get great-sounding recordings.
Engineered for flexibility
Boasting ten inputs and four outputs, Focusrite's Clarett 2Pre gives you access to a pair of great-sounding Clarett mic preamps right on the front panel, along with a high-power headphone output with level control. The XLR combo connectors also handle hot instrument and line inputs, so you can plug in your active bass or guitar, keyboard workstation, or anything else you want to record into your DAW. Go ahead and add reverb to that vocal as you're rehearsing and recording; this Thunderbolt interface sports impressive round-trip latency that's so low, you can use your DAW plug-ins while monitoring.
Pristine mic pres with extra "air"
Engineered specifically for the Clarett range, the mic preamps in the Clarett 2Pre deliver gobs of gain yet extremely low noise and distortion. They also include Focusrite's "Air" circuit that engages an analog model of the company's classic transformer-based ISA mic pre. You'll love the sound of these preamps: sweet, open, and very clean.
Accurate digital conversion
Sweetwater engineers know that conversion is key to superior digital audio, and every Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion. Offering up to 119dB of dynamic range, Clarett is the cleanest way to get sound in and out of your DAW.
Focusrite Control software
Your Clarett 2Pre comes with Focusrite Control, a software mixer that makes short work of configuring your monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers an easy-to-grasp traditional mixer workflow and gives you immediate access to internal hardware functions.
Expand whenever you need to
For maximum flexibility, Focusrite equipped every Clarett interface with an ADAT input you can use to bring in eight additional digital mic preamp channels. This is a perfect way to expand your channel count: recording drums, for instance, via a digital eight-channel mic pre such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII.
Remote control from your iPhone or iPad
With the free Focusrite iOS Control app, you can adjust the mixes you made with Focusrite Control on the desktop app from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Included software bundle:
- Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite accurately models Focusrite's coveted Red range EQ and compressor hardware
- Softube Time and Tone Pack with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, Saturation Knob, and Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor
- Ableton Live Lite
- 2G Loopmasters Samples
- Access to Focusrite's Plug-in Collective, with exclusive offers from Nugen Audio, Exponential Audio, Fabfilter, D16 Group, Flux, Positive Grid, Sound Radix, Eventide, iZotope, and more
Focusrite Clarett 2Pre Features:
- 10 inputs and 4 outputs
- 2 great-sounding Clarett mic preamps
- High-power headphone output with level control
- XLR combo connectors also handle hot instrument and line inputs
- Ultra-low round-trip latency lets you use your DAW plug-ins while monitoring
- Mic preamps engineered specifically for the Clarett range
- Pres deliver high gain to handle your lowest output ribbon mics
- Preamp design is extremely low in noise and distortion
- Air circuit engages an analog model of classic transformer-based ISA mic pre
- Focusrite's class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion
- Converters deliver up to 119dB of dynamic range
- The cleanest way to get sound in and out of your DAW
- Comes with Focusrite Control software, which makes short work of configuring monitoring and routing setups
- Easy-to-grasp traditional mixer workflow
- Immediate access to internal hardware functions
- ADAT input lets you expand your channel count
- Includes Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, and Softube Time and Tone Pack
- Bring in 8 additional digital mic preamp channels
- An ideal match with the Focusrite OctoPre MkII