The New Standard for Affordable, Rugged Mixers
It all started with Mackie's VLZ PRO, the mixer that defined the standards for affordable high-quality sound. Now, Mackie's new CFX16-mkII sets the standard for affordable and rugged mixers with built-in effects.Mackie CFX16-mkII at a Glance:
- 16 channels - 12 mono mic/line and 2 stereo line
- Channels complete with inserts, trim, and aux sends
- Built-in 32-bit EMAC digital effects processor with 16 effects
- Tough enough for live
16 channels - 12 mono mic/line and 2 stereo line
The wildly popular CFX16-mkII live sound mixer features 12 genuine Mackie-designed low-noise, high-headroom mic preamps and a host of great features for live sound. The new "mkII" versions include sleek grey cosmetics, new ergonomic knobs, impact-resistant rubber sides, and new irresistibly low prices. The CFX16-mkII features genuine Mackie mic preamps, 12 mono mic/line and 2 stereo line channels, an onboard 9-band stereo graphic equalizer, subwoofer out, and a true 4-bus design ideal for live sound applications, plus a great deal more, all designed to make live sound mixing a breeze - an efficient, great-sounding breeze!
Channels complete with inserts, trim, and aux sends
Additional channel features include unbalanced inserts and input Trim controls with individual Zero Level LEDs, 3-band EQ with swept midrange, and 100Hz low cut filters for eliminating mic rumble. Each channel strip has a 60mm log-taper fader, one external and one internal/external effects send; plus two Aux sends, pan, mute, solo (PFL), and bus assigns. The mixers also offer phase-accurate 9-band stereo graphic EQ for easy tonal shaping (and feedback suppression). The CFX16mkII allows two separate stage monitor mixes to be created with their own effects levels.
Built-in 32-bit EMAC digital effects processor with 16 effects
Thanks to Mackie's massive digital R&D efforts of the past seven years, the CFX16-mkII includes sophisticated 32-bit digital effects that rival dedicated outboard processors. These EMAC effects sound clean and realistic - especially compared to the crude, jangling 16-bit effects on most of the other "effects" mixers on the market.
Tough enough for live
Like all Mackie mixers, the CFX-mkII Series is designed for rugged, day-in and day-out road use. Their sturdy-yet-light steel monocoque construction houses rugged, double-sided SMT-plated fiberglass circuit boards, and 60mm faders with ultra-tight lip seals for keeping out contaminants. Onyx mixer-style knobs are mounted so they "ride" just above the steel chassis and absorb impacts without transferring damage to the internal components. And like all Mackie mixers, the CFX-mkII features co-molded potentiometers that don't get brittle and scratchy sounding with age.
- Genuine low-noise, high-headroom Mackie mic preamps.
- 12 mono mic/line and 2 stereo line channels.
- Built-in 32-bit EMAC digital effects processor with 16 effects.
- External and internal EFX sends and EFX to Monitor control.
- Onboard nine-band stereo graphic equalizer.
- True 4-bus design ideal for live sound applications.
- 2 Pre/Post aux sends and internal/external FX sends.
- 3-band EQ with swept mid (100 Hz to 8 kHz) on mic/line.
- 4-band EQ on stereo line channels.
- Pan, Mute, PFL solo on each channel.
- 100 Hz low-cut filters on all mic/line channels.
- Subwoofer output from built-in 18 dB/octave, 75 Hz crossover.
- Break switch mutes all channels.
- Headphone output with level control.
- Tape/CD inputs with level control assignable to Main Mix.
- Logarithmic taper 60 mm faders.
- 48 V phantom power.
- 12 V BNC lamp.