Tons of Power in a Sleek Desktop Unit!
The original RME Babyface audio interface was a huge hit when it was released. That's why RME knew that to be able to raise the bar, they needed to do a complete redesign. The 12-in, 12-out Babyface Pro is the result of their labor. The Pro is engineered to give you the quality of the original, but with great control directly on its faceplate, a sturdy and attractive aluminum casing, and virtually no need for breakout cables. The RME Babyface Pro makes it easier than ever to create the tracks you need.
RME Babyface Pro Audio Interface at a Glance:
- 12-in/12-out audio interface in a sleek package
- Integrated I/O without breakout cables
- Clever faceplate user interface
The sheer power and flexibility of the Babyface Pro is pretty remarkable when you lay your eyes on it. Its low-profile aluminum casing has a great clean look but still offers deep control over levels, sub-mixes, and gain structures. There are also two high-quality mic preamps, two analog XLR outs, hi-Z and lo-Z 1/4" inputs, ADAT/SPDIF I/O, a MIDI port, and two separate headphone outputs. It achieves all of this while staying very straightforward and looking great on your desk.Integrated I/O without breakout cables
One of the main upgrades that RME offers on their Babyface Pro from the previous model is the integrated I/O built right into the unit. No more will you need a breakout cable! Four analog inputs, four analog outs, ADAT/SPDIF I/O, and a MIDI port are all accessible on the side of the Babyface Pro. The new XLR and USB connections are even designed right into the aluminum chassis for the ultimate in durability.Clever faceplate user interface
While the Babyface Pro works perfectly with RME's TotalMix software mixer, it is also designed to give you great control and connectivity as a standalone unit. With the software, you get an array of great mix routing options. You can easily set up different mixes for your singer with reverb, your guitarists who need a lot of themselves in the mix, and your control room. If that level of control isn't necessary for your application, you can use the Babyface Pro standalone and still be able to dial in your levels and mix directly on the straightforward faceplate.RME Babyface Pro Audio Interface Features:
- 12-in/12-out audio interface in a sleek, desktop design
- All of the I/O is integrated directly into the unit
- User interface faceplate offers standalone use
- Powerful TotalMix software mixer via internal DSP
- Durable aluminum housing
- 2 mic preamp inputs
- hi-Z and lo-Z 1/4" inputs
- ADAT/SPDIF I/O
- 4 analog outputs
- 2 headphone outs for hi- and lo-Z
- MIDI and USB
- TotalMix FX software is compatible with Windows, OS X, and iOS (on iPad)
- Note: Although this product is bus powered, an external power adapter is needed to use it with an iPad.