Turn Your Computer Into A Live Drum Studio!
BFD has emerged as one of the front-runners in the world of sample-based drum software. BFD was recorded in the drum room at a top California recording studio by professional engineer Steve Duda (NIN, Pitchshifter, A Perfect Circle) using over $50,000 worth of microphones from Neumann, Sennheiser, AKG and others. The drums used range from the 1920s to 2002, and include both classics and rarities. The resulting sample set is nothing short of amazing, ranking BFD among the industry leaders of virtual instruments.FXpansion BFD At-a-Glance:
- MIDI Grooves add flexibility
- Humanize for less machine gun effect
- Great for any style of music
- Works with virtually any software
MIDI Grooves add flexibility
Not only useful as a sound source for your own drum programming, BFD also incorporates a comprehensive library of ready-to-use MIDI Grooves with different styles, feels and time signatures. The library features both programmed grooves and MIDI recordings of real drummers, including top UK session drummer Chris Dagley (Jamiroquai, Lalo Schifrin, Ella Fitzgerald, Eric Clapton, Chaka Khan). BFD's advanced, integrated Groove Librarian allows you to drag and drop the included grooves or import your own MIDI grooves. You can then trigger them in realtime from a keyboard or let the BFD freestyle with the auto-shuffle and auto-fill features.
Humanize for less machine gun effect
BFD's humanization functions inject that elusive 'soul' into your drum parts. The integrated swing controls make it easy to tighten or relax the vibe as much as required. On top of this, the sound of the Groove can be further humanized through the controlled randomization of velocity and timing.
Great for any style of music
BFD is perfectly suited to rock, jazz, funk, country, hip-hop, blues, drum & bass. In fact, anything that may require a real drumkit, from auto-accompaniment, traditional song-writing and recording, to newer techniques such as creating original drum breaks.
Works with virtually any software
All this and more is provided in an intuitive, highly integrated interface, plugged into the heart of your favorite sequencing environment, via the VSTi, DXi, RTAS, AudioUnit and ReWire interfaces. A standalone version is also supplied, which uses the ASIO and CoreAudio protocols. BFD supports Windows and MacOS-X operating systems.
BFD was designed to make it easy to use for people who prefer to write music rather than mess with the inner workings of a plugin, while still allowing a great deal of control and flexibility for the rest of us tweak-heads.FXpansion BFD Features:
- Flexible mixing of multiple microphone placements.
- Complete control of 7 real drum kits plus additional hats, snares and cymbals.
- Hyper-detailed kits: up to 46 velocity layers and a wide selection of hit types, all recorded simultaneously through eleven microphones positioned around the kit and room.
- Mix your drums by blending the mic sources just like in a real studio.
- Easy compilation of new kits without wrestling with time-consuming
- Editing and combination of sampler programs, or having to load multiple whole kits.
- A versatile automated drummer in the Groove Librarian.
- Endlessly variable sound and feel.