API Console Preamp Performance in a Rackmountable Unit!
The API 3124+ 4-channel microphone and instrument preamp packs API console sound and performance into a very easy-to-use, premium-quality rackmountable unit. Whether you're capturing vocals or plugging in an instrument, you'll definitely appreciate the 3124+. It uses the same preamp circuit found in API consoles, plus the same output transformer you'll find in API's equalizers - a recipe for great API sound and character! This preamp provides a very robust gain range, making it useful for a variety of input sources. Equally at home onstage, in the broadcast rig, and in the recording studio, the 3124+ is a real performer.API 3124+ 4-channel Mic/Instrument Preamp at a Glance:
- Ideal for a variety of audio applications
- Premium API components inside
- Perfect for mics and instruments alike
API's commitment to quality means the 3124+ provides a stellar front end to a wide variety of audio applications. The 3124+ is designed with the professional engineer in mind, giving you four channels of premium preamp performance, while keeping the size and price at a reasonable level. Equally at home in the control room, the recording studio, and news or recording truck, at the house console, on the stage, or at the ready in your personal studio.Premium API components inside
This preamp gives you the great sound and performance characteristics that make API gear so popular among studios, engineers, and musicians. How? The model 3124+ utilizes the same microphone preamp circuit that is used in all API consoles. It uses the RE-115 K mic input transformer and the same output transformer that is used in all API equalizers. All four mic inputs of the 3124+ are powered by a 48 volt phantom power supply, front panel switchable for each channel. Also provided is a front panel 20dB pad switch that affects both the Mic and hi-Z inputs.Perfect for mics and instruments alike
You get plenty of headroom from this pre, whether you're plugging in a mic or an instrument. The model 3124+ can provide up to 65dB of gain to an output clip level of +30 dBm. The hi-Z front panel input goes directly to the op-amp, allowing a low level input such as a guitar or bass to be amplified without a matching transformer or direct box. This hi-Z input can take input levels as high as +20 dBu, making it perfect for keyboards and other high level devices. The rear output is an XLR connector.API 3124+ 4-channel Mic/Instrument Preamp Features:
- Uses API 2520 Op-amp
- Classic Console Circuit
- Four XLR Mic Inputs
- Four front panel 1/4" hi-Z instrument Inputs
- Front Panel Polarity Switches
- Front Panel 20dB PadSwitches
- Front Panel Mic/Line Switches
- Front Panel 48V Power Switches
- Output Clips at +28 dBu
- Input Impedance:1500 Ohms Mic, 470 K Ohms Un-Balanced, hi-Z in
- Output Impedance:Less than 75 Ohms Channel Outputs
- Nominal Levels:XLR Channel Output +4dBu
- Stereo Output Level:Unbalanced: nominal -2, Balanced: +4
- Clipping Level:XLR Channel Output better than +28dBm
- Frequency Response:+0, -0.5, 10Hz to 20kHz (-0.5 at 10Hz)
- Noise EIN:-129 Mic, -125 Un-Bal. Actual
- Measured Noise:Better than -91dBm/below Nominal +4.
- Distortion:All Outputs at +4 out, .03%, at +22, .09% Max
- Gain Range:150 Ohms Input 10dB Min., 65dB Max (inc. PAD). Un-Bal. Input 14dB Min., 50dB Max
- VU Meter:Calibrated for XLR Outputs, OVU=+4 dBu, (-12, -6, -3, 0, +3, +6, +18)
- Controls:GAIN, PAD (20dB), 48Volts, POL (polarity), MIC (mic/un-bal), VU, AC
- Dimensions:19" x 1U x 11"
- Weight: 11 lbs.