Large Ribbon Sound With High-Volume Capacity!
If you are new to ribbons, you are in for a treat! The AEA R84 Ribbon Microphone is an outstanding general-purpose microphone, ideally suited for solo and accent work. It is hard to find an application where the R84 mic does not shine. Its natural sound and figure-8 directional sensitivity mean the R84 gives you everything professionals expect from a quality ribbon mic.
AEA R84 Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- Pure natural sound with quick, smooth transients, just as you hear it when you place your mic in the studio
- Versatility that lets you capture brass instruments, strings, piano, percussion or vocals
- Extended bass and treble that handles high SPLs at high frequencies and delivers the details without shoving anything in your face
Outstanding transient response for natural sound
The AEA R84 uses a big, 2.35" by 0.185" by 2 micron pure aluminum low-tension ribbon element, that ensures a quick response, whatever the application. This means that percussive attacks, vocal consonants, and other rapid-attack material are cleanly and accurately reproduced by the R84 with no "dull' or "flabby" characteristics. It sounds just like you're standing right in front of the source!
A versatile mic for multiple recording applications
The AEA R84 uses Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG) that's suitable for use by the most demanding audio professional or hobbyist. Whether you're recording brass instruments, strings, piano or percussion, or you're trying to capture that elusive "perfect" vocal take, the R84 large ribbon microphone is up to the task.
Superb bass and treble response that handles high SPLs
The R84 produces solid bass down to 20Hz and clean, clear highs up to 20kHz. Plus, it's capable of handling better than 165 dB SPL at higher frequencies, so whether used on vocals or instruments the R84 offers a performance that covers the entire frequency and dynamic range yet is still intimate, warm and detailed, yet never harsh.
The AEA R84 is supplied in a complete system that includes a shock mount, 10-foot mic cable and sturdy foam-lined carrying case. Weighing-in at under two pounds and measuring eight inches tall and 2.7 inches in diameter, the R84 is a great sounding microphone that is extremely versatile.AEA R84 Ribbon Microphone Features:
- Reliable ribbon mic with wide dynamic range
- Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG), 2.35" by 0.185" by 2 micron pure aluminum low-tension ribbon
- Able to handle better than 165 dB SPL at higher frequencies
- Figure 8 pattern for duo recording convenience
- Includes shock mount, 10-foot cable and sturdy foam-lined carrying case