Classic And Timeless Limiter!
Universal Audio's 1176LN set the lead among limiters many years ago, and it still is one of the most widely used - and highly respected - limiters in pro audio! This is a revamped, updated version of the original 1176LN that retains all the unique qualities that made it a must have! Features include pushbutton selection of compression ratios, 4:1 8:1, 12:1, 20:1; ultra-fast attack time - 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds; adjustable release time - 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second; and a Class A line-level output amplifier.
The original Universal Audio 1176LN designed by Bill Putnam was a major breakthrough in limiter technology - the first true peak limiter with all-transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound. Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders, and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible - and much simpler - to modernize and "improve" the 1176LN, every effort was made to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit until it meets uncompromising standards. This Universal Audio Classic version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound.
When would you use a leveling amp instead of a compressor? Check out this inSync Tech Tip of the Day!Features:
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios, 4:1 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra-fast attack time - 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time - 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line-level output amplifier
- Custom-built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Contemporary styling and eye-pleasing industrial design