A great humbucking soundhole pickup!
Fishman's Rare Earth acoustic guitar pickup allows acoustic guitarists to quickly and easily plug into an amplifier, PA system, or direct box with no modification to their instrument. Simply pop the pickup into the soundhole and you're ready to plug in! A volume control offers on-the-fly control via a convenient thumbwheel. This Rare Earth pickup is humbucking, offering discerning guitarists hum-free operation. Neodymium (a rare earth element, hence the name Rare Earth pickup) magnets provide excellent string-to-string balance, while the discrete circuitry keeps the Rare Earth's signal pure and clean.Fishman Rare Earth Humbucking Pickup at a Glance:
- The Pickup
- The Preamp
This Fishman Rare Earth pickup is a "stacked coil" style, for musicians who demand quieter reproduction than a single coil pickup can offer. A volume control offers on-the-fly control via a convenient thumbwheel.
The preamp is housed within the pickup. A low noise circuit design preserves the pickup's performance in any audio environment. The preamp allows you to plug the Rare Earth into a full range instrument amplifier, an unbalanced input of a PA system, a recording console or direct box, without the signal loss or degradation typically found with passive soundhole pickups. You may run cables up to 80' (25m) in length without any audible loss of fidelity.
- Cutting-edge neodymium (a rare earth element) magnets
- Can be plugged into an instrument amplifier, sound reinforcement system, recording console or direct box
- Miniature battery mounts conveniently on the underside of the pickup (batteries included)
- Low current design of the preamp allows 300 hours use between battery changes
- Fits in soundholes as small as 3-5/8" diameter
- Pre-wired output jack can also be endpin mounted
- Active electronics for a pure, clean sound
- Excellent string-to-string balance
- Easy installation with no alteration - plug-and-play right out of the box