A Mastering Version of the Acclaimed Massive Passive!
The Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version equalizer features a simple, passive design - not a standard parametric design - for more natural, organic shaping. It also offers mechanically detented knobs for both Gain and Bandwidth controls, so you can easily repeat your settings. On the Massive Passive Mastering Version, both the Gain and Bandwidth controls intentionally interact, and the bands interact, as well - this creates an incredible-sounding result without sounding "colored" or "processed." Also, both higher and lower than the normal version, the Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version's filters are tailored to mastering purposes.
Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version Equalizer at a Glance:
- Premium design with passive components
- Mechanically detented knobs
- Gain and Bandwidth controls interact, as do the bands
- Specially tweaked for mastering
Premium design with passive components
As you can expect from Manley, no corners were cut with the design of the Massive Passive Mastering Version, and there's no unnecessarily complicated circuit - Massive Passive Mastering Version features basic passive components and uses only metal film resistors, film capacitors, and hand-wound inductors to sculpt the sound.
Mechanically detented knobs
Your settings are completely loggable on the Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version. Manley found a way to mechanically detent the Gain and Bandwidth controls, ensuring repeatability - without adding the extra cost and space problems that Grayhill switches would have caused.
Gain and Bandwidth controls interact, as do the bands
On the Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version, both Gain and Bandwidth controls intentionally interact, as do the parallel-design bands. You can boost a band 20dB while boosting another band at that frequency for minimal change - on most equalizers, the two bands add - so you boost 40dB into clipping. Due to this interaction, predictable step sizes are unrealistic - but the settings are repeatable when logged - and the interact bands contribute to the Massive Passive Mastering Version's excellent sound.
Specially tweaked for mastering
The Manley Massive Passive Mastering Version is tailored to mastering needs. Its filters are both higher and lower than the regular Massive Passive. In addition, the Master Gain Trim Controls are true 11-position, 1/2dB, stepped Grayhill switches ranging between -2.5 to +2.5dB of trim, making left/right matching and calibration easier.
- All-Passive tone sculpting circuitry
- Unique Shelf curves use the "bandwidth" control
- Overlapping and Interleaved Frequency choices
- Every band switchable to shelf or bell
- Vacuum tube make-up gain and line drivers
- Parallel symmetrical topology
- Premium components throughout
- HP and LP Filters plus gain trims
- Ins & Outs Balanced XLR & 1/4" (accepts unbalanced)
- Level +4 dBu nominal, internal switches for -10 operation
- Bypass Switch bypasses EQ & tube circuits (not hardwire)
- 44 Frequencies (roughly 1/4 octave spacing)
- Frequency Range: 22 Hz to 27 Khz
- EQ Boost/Cut Range : Maximum 11dB boost or cut
- Nominal Q range: 1.5 to 3 (uniquely active in shelf modes)
- Frequency Response: +/- 2 dB: 8 Hz to 60 KHz
- Maximum Output @ 1.5% THD +37 dBv; +26dBv @ 20 Hz
- THD & Noise (1KHz @ +4 dBu): 0.06%
- Noise Floor (referred to +4dBu): -85 dB (A Weight)
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- Tube Complement: 2 x 12AU7, 4 x 6414
- Power Consumption (120/240VAC): 72 watts
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Size (3U): 19" x 5.25" x 10"
- Weight: Unit 21 lbs.