Plays and Looks Just Like Gilmour's Famous Strat
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster Relic solidbody electric guitar doesn't just sound like the rock legend's guitar; it looks just like it as well! Working closely with Gilmour and his longtime tech, the Fender Custom Shop re-created the features and finish on David Gilmour Stratocaster Relic to match those of Gilmour's original "Black Strat" guitar as closely as possible - right down to the shortened tremolo arm! If you love Pink Floyd, Gilmour, or Strats (or all of the above), you owe it to yourself to call your Sales Engineer today and check out the David Gilmour Stratocaster Relic!
Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster Relic Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Based on an iconic instrument
- Close cooperation
Based on an iconic instrument
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster Relic, based on David's famous "Black Strat" guitar, represents a cornerstone of Pink Floyd's revolutionary and incomparable sound. Gilmour's original "Black Strat" is featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, and his critically-acclaimed 2006 solo effort, On An Island.
The Fender Custom Shop worked hand-in-hand with Gilmour and his longstanding guitar technician, Phil Taylor, to create his signature model, a reproduction of the Black Strat-complete with its unmistakable look, sound and feel. Featuring black lacquer over 3-color sunburst alder body with a black pickguard, 1-piece maple neck, custom pickups, and David's now-famous electronics and shortened vintage tremolo arm, the David Gilmour Signature Series Stratocaster is as beautiful, powerful and idiosyncratic as David's playing. Additionally, Gilmour's signature guitar comes with a custom case, Evidence Audio high-end guitar cable, David's three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD package, and a copy of Phil Taylor's The Black Strat book.
- Color: Black over 3-color sunburst
- Body: Alder, nitrocellulose laquer finish
- Neck: 1-piece straight-grain maple, 1983 thin-shouldered "C"-shape
- Neck finish: Dark tint nitrocellulose laquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" radius
- No. of frets: 21
- Neck pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle pickup: Custom-wound Single-Coil Strat
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (neck pickup), Tone 2 (middle pickup)
- Switching: 5-way blade, mini toggle (adds neck pickup in positions 1, 2, and 3)
- Bridge: American Vintage synchronized tremolo with custom-beveled tremolo block, shortened tremolo arm
- Case: Custom hardshell case included
- Accessories: Evidence Audio guitar cable, custom leather strap, DG pick, David Gilmour's 3-disc Live In Gdansk CD and DVD package, a copy of Phil Taylor's The Black Strat book, polishing cloth, and certificate of authenticity
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Stratocaster Relic looks and plays just like the original!
NOTE: This product is available in the United States only - no international sales.