Powerful Interface with Hardware-based FPGA FX
Antelope Audio took the best features of their acclaimed Zen Studio and Orion and combined them to make the Orion Studio. They enhanced the signal path integrity, expanded the feature set, and loaded it all in a sleek 1U chassis. The cutting-edge Orion Studio interface/converter boasts Antelope's powerful Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) latency-free modeling engine that powers an arsenal of effects, including models of vintage EQ, compression, amplifiers, and more. Antelope's Thunderbolt circuit delivers vanishingly low latency without defeating Mac OS power management, which keeps computer fan noise low in recording situations. It's a comprehensive interface and processing solution for studio or mobile use, perfect for a wide range of recording and mixing applications.
Modeled Vintage EQs, Compressors, and More Onboard
Hardware-based emulations of classic processors
Antelope Audio's FPGA technology allows Orion Studio near-zero latency performance and also powers the FPGA effects suite with digital re-creations of classic hardware processors. FPGA effects respond more like hardware compared with many other plug-ins thanks to this powerful processing platform.
Authentic vintage models
Antelope's included FPGA suite delivers spot-on emulations of vintage processors. Sweeten tracks with Pultec EQ emulations, make vocals shine with the 1073 EQ model designed in partnership with BAE, add life to drums and guitars with the VEQ-55A plug-in, and utilize vintage and contemporary guitar amp and cabinet simulations to create larger-than-life tones. All of these effects processors can be instantiated on any input, output, or DAW track, making Orion Studio a powerful virtual effects rack.
Antelope's world-class reverb
Part of the Antelope Audio FPGA suite is AuraVerb, an original reverb processor designed by Antelope's top programmers. And because it runs in real time on Antelope's Modeling Engine, you can use it for tracking as well as mixdown with virtually no latency.
More models are on the way
The EQs, compressors, and effects in the Antelope FPGA suite are just the beginning. Antelope's engineers are continuously working on creating new models of classic vintage gear, and for now, you'll be able to add them to your software suite as they become available.
- Burnsphere (DE)
- Marcus II (US)
- Overange 120 (UK)
- Tweed Deluxe
- Plexi 59
- Rock 75
- Rock 22.10
- VEQ-STU 089
- VEQ-STU 169
- VEQ-STU 900
- VEQ HA32C
- BAE 1023
- BAE 1084
- VEQ-4K Series
- VEQ-4K Black
- VEQ-4K Brown
- VEQ-4K Pink
- VEQ-4K Orange
- VEQ – 1A
- Lang PEQ2
- Parametric EQ
- Gyraf Gyratec X
- Grove Hill Liverpool
- Antelope FeedForward Compressor
Enough I/O to Track a Full Band
Loads of input and output options
Orion Studio features 12 high-end microphone preamps, 16 analog outputs, a duo of mastering-grade monitor outs, two hardware inserts, two Reamp outputs, and a talkback mic, all in a single 1U chassis. If you're looking for maximum connectivity in minimal space, Orion Studio has what you need.
Thunderbolt, USB, and more
The Antelope Audio Orion Studio utilizes Thunderbolt or USB to connect with Mac and Windows computers. You have a ton of flexibility to connect with multiple digital formats, including ADAT and S/PDIF.
Acclaimed clocking and conversion technology
Antelope's 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter-management technology, used in top mastering facilities worldwide, delivers some of the most analog-sounding audio conversion we've heard here at Sweetwater. Expect vast stereo imaging, wide and balanced frequency response, and an uncanny sense of depth and dimension.
Everything You Need for an Efficient Workflow
Seamless integration with your studio
Orion Studio features two monitor outs with front-panel A/B switching for reference. Digital expansion and synchronization are offered by ADAT, S/PDIF, and Word Clock I/O.
Realistic vintage processing effects
Emulations of vintage Pultec EQs, the classic 1073 EQ model created with BAE, the VEQ-55A EQ, and the AuraVerb reverb are just some of the effects that come standard in Antelope's included FPGA suite. Apply them to any inputs or outputs you like, perfect for sweetening tracks on the way in and for providing artists stellar headphone mixes. You can even use these effects to process tracks in your DAW.
Advanced remote apps
Apps for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android control Antelope Audio interfaces remotely from any device on your network. You'll have full control over Orion Studio's audio routing, built-in FPGA processing, input/output metering, and more. Plus, you can run the app simultaneously on multiple devices/operating systems (PC, Mac, iOS, Android) and have them all control one interface at the same time.
Ready for Guitars, Drums, and Practically Any Other Application
Capture epic guitar tones, direct
Orion Studio's clean front end with zero-latency monitoring and Overloud amp modeling give guitar and bass players access to great recorded tones without requiring an amp and mic. If you decide later that you want to mic up a real amplifier, Orion Studio's two transformer-based Reamp outputs make it easy to run direct tracks from your DAW to a guitar amp without requiring additional reamping devices.
Enough preamps to track a full band
A console's worth of mic preamps and inputs equip Orion Studio for real-world recording applications. It's an ideal interface for tracking high channel counts without requiring multiple racks full of preamps and processors.
Impressively rugged build quality
As with all Antelope gear, the company's usual tour-grade build quality is evident throughout Orion Studio's rackmount chassis.
Antelope Audio Orion Studio Features:
- Pro Guitar Interface A clean front end with zero-latency monitoring and Overloud amp modeling give guitar and bass players access to great recorded tones without the amp and the mic.
- Most Mic/Line Channels Multiple mic preamps and line/DI inputs equip the Orion Studio for many real-world recording applications: drums, full bands/orchestras, etc.
- Lowest Latency Thunderbolt's unmatched round-trip speed reduces latency to imperceptible amounts. The result is a near-analog recording experience for both the producer and the artist.
- Advanced Remote Apps Apps for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android control Antelope Audio interfaces remotely from any device on your network.
- World-class Clocking Any product worthy of the Antelope Audio name must have exceptional clocking. Extremely low jitter gives this unit Antelope's vivid depth and three-dimensionality.
- Realistic Vintage Effects Hardware-based Pultec-style EQ and AuraVerb reverb are just some of the effects that come standard in Antelope's included FPGA suite.
- 12 high-end mic preamps with phantom power; 16 analog outputs
- FPGA latency-free modeling engine powers modeled vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, and more
- 2 mastering-quality Monitor Outputs with A/B switching and DACs with 129dB dynamic range
- 2 headphone outs
- 2 reamp outs
- Integrated talkback microphone and headphone routing
- Antelope's superior AFC jitter-management technology
- Color coded software-based routing matrix with 4 independent mixers
- Smart integration of FPGA effects
- Thunderbolt and USB connectivity
- ADAT optical I/O (x 2)
- S/PDIF I/O
- Word clock I/O