An Amazing Tenor Guitar for Everyone!
It's no secret that the guitar players here at Sweetwater are always on the lookout for cool and unique instruments. So, when we got our hands on this Ibanez AVT1 tenor acoustic guitar, we were absolutely delighted. Then we took a look and the price tag and we simply couldn't believe it. Folks, the guys at Ibanez really pulled off something special here, turning a vintage-style tenor acoustic guitar with a solid Sitka spruce top and a real bone nut and saddle into an instrument anyone can afford. If you've ever wanted to try out tenor guitar, the AVT1 is impossible to pass up.
Ibanez AVT1 Tenor Acoustic Guitar at a Glance:
- Tenor tuning is a favorite for folk, jazz, country, and other playing styles
- Mahogany topped with Sitka spruce is a singer-songwriter's favorite tonewood combo
- Artwood Vintage series delivers timeless acoustic guitar vibe with modern playability
By far, the most striking thing about the Ibanez AVT1 acoustic guitar is its tenor setup. Introduced in the 1920s as a way to provide unique chord voicings to complement more common instruments such as standard guitars, the tenor guitar offers the same C, G, D, A fifths tuning that you'd find on a viola, mandola, or tenor banjo. Not only does this tuning allows the AVT1 to both to fill out rhythm parts and to take the lead, without taking up too much sonic space - and it's even a wonderful choice for soloists!Mahogany topped with Sitka spruce is a singer-songwriter's favorite tonewood combo
Of the three most common acoustic guitar body tonewoods (rosewood, mahogany, and maple), mahogany is easily the darkest and warmest choice. Although "dark" may not sound attractive at first, mahogany bodied guitars (especially ones with solid Sitka spruce tops like the AVT1) have always been extremely popular among singer-songwriters, because of the sonic space they leave for your voice and the way they blend with rosewood acoustics. What's more, the harmonically complex sound of mahogany is a perfect complement to the tighter voicing of this tenor guitar and adds density to otherwise spartan chords.Artwood Vintage series delivers timeless acoustic guitar vibe with modern playability
If you aren't already familiar with Ibanez's Artwood series, it's actually pretty cool. It's a collection of time-tested acoustic guitar designs built with modern construction techniques, allowing Ibanez to offer great-looking and wonderfully playable instruments at an affordable price. Artwood Vintage guitars such as the AVT1 take this one step farther, using this same philosophy to offer a selection of vintage style instruments that would otherwise be out of reach for a typical player.Ibanez AVT1 Tenor Acoustic Guitar Features:
- A traditional tenor acoustic guitar that anyone can afford
- C, G, D, A fifths tuning provides movable chords and unique voicings that complement other instruments
- A perfect instrument for rhythm, lead, and solo playing
- Mahogany body topped with solid Sitka spruce provides a delightfully warm and complex voice
- Classy touches include white binding, an elegant 2-ring rosette, and real bone nut/compensated saddle