Along came a spider...with tubes!
The Spider Valve Series merges the best of Line 6 modeling technology with a long-time love of guitarists, the tube amp. Developed in cooperation with Bogner, the valve-driven Spiders have Line 6 modeling on the front end along with a pair fo 12AX7s to begin shaping the tone, with an all-tube 6L6 power amp circuit. This gives guitarists a "best-of-both-worlds" scenario, with the flexibility of a modeling amp with pure tube tones from the Spider Valve series. Line 6 once again re-invents modeling with the Spider Valve!Line 6 Spider Valve 212 at a Glance:
- Modeling with tubes, not modeling tubes
Modeling with tubes, not modeling tubes
Spider Valve delivers 12 channels of amp modeling - combined with several flavors of built-in modulation, delay and reverb - driven by an all-tube, all Bogner amplification design boasting 6L6 power tubes, 12AX7 preamp tubes, and premium Celestion Vintage 30 speakers, combining the performance, response, and feel of a well-crafted tube amp with the inspiring capabilities of amp and effect modeling.
The Spider Valve design combines 12AX7 preamp tubes with Line 6's signature modeling front-end, a marriage that allows each part of the sonic equation to deliver what it does best: creamy, cascading distortion and enriched harmonics from the tubes, and 12 of the world's finest amp models and seven stunning effects from the modeling front end. And, of course, perfectly matched 6L6 power tubes driving Celestion Vintage 30 speakers to deliver unprecedented sonic impact and spatial imaging. With the simple front-end controls and display, programmable patches and presets are instantly within reach. Tweak your tone even further with the front panel Presence, Drive, Bass, Mid and Treble controls: this is a true-blue tube amp, and it acts like one, responding and delivering all the analog detail, performance and warmth of every amp model and effect.
From the DL4 stompbox to the Echo Farm plug-in, Line 6 effects have achieved cult status in top studios and stage rigs of discerning guitarists. With Spider Valve, Line 6 delivers a palette of top grade integrated effects - easily accessed and tweaked from the front panel using the SmartControl FX knobs. A choice of phaser, chorus or tremolo lets you tweak your tone from rich luscious modulations to dramatic orbital gyrations. From the swirling feedback of the sweep echo to the organic decay of the tape echo, Spider Valve delays provide an unmatched level of dimension and depth. The Spider Valve effects arsenal is complete with a dedicated reverb control - allowing you to dial in anything from subtle ambiences to cavernous spaces.
- 40W Class AB tube amp through (2) 12AX7 preamp tubes and (2) 6L6 power tubes
- 2X12" configuration featuring a pair of Premium Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- 12 dialed in amp models (channel voices) that deliver a complete tonal range from shimmering clean to insane grind
- 7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo) Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, and Reverb
- Built-in front panel tuner
- 36 user programmable channels
- 300+ artist created presets covering the greatest guitar tones of all time
- POD XLR direct out for studio direct tone
- Compatible with FBV2, FBV Express and FBV Shortboard foot controllers
- Single and dual 1/4" speaker output jacks for connection to auxiliary cabinets
- 1/4" power amp input jack for POD amp and effect modelers
- Weight: 60 lbs
- Dimensions: 30" L x 25" H x 15" D