Unsurpassed Ribbon Sound in a Bidirectional Mic
Beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers worldwide that still produce ribbon microphones. One of the finest examples of their work is the legendary M 130. This unique double-ribbon microphone's element has superb transient response, creating a highly detailed sound with unequalled accuracy and transparency.
Beyerdynamic M 130 Double Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- Figure-8 microphone with clear, uncolored sound
- Ideal for Mid-Side recording when used with a cardioid microphone
- Outstanding for ambience recording
Figure-8 microphone with clear, uncolored sound
The Beyerdynamic M 130's bi-directional figure-8 polar pattern effectively suppresses unwanted interference from the sides. The M 130's balanced, uncolored sound can handle a wide variety of applications including background vocals overheads, toms, and more.
Ideal for Mid-Side recording
When used in conjunction with the hypercardioid M 160, the M 130 is ideal for creating an authentic stereo image through the use of the M-S (Mid-Side) technique. The M 130 delivers excellent M-S results when recording or broadcasting a true stereo image.
Outstanding for ambience recording
The M 130's rugged design handles the demands of remote recording/broadcast sessions as easily as in-studio use. Used by itself, the M 130 allows the recording of background audience noise and concert hall "ambience" without unwanted resonances. In the studio the M 130 is effective with backing vocal groups, percussion and mounted toms. The M 130's crisply articulated, uncolored sound is well-suited to such demanding audiophile applications as digital and direct-to-disc recording.
Beyerdynamic M 130 dual Ribbon Microphone Features:
- Transducer type: Dynamic dual ribbon
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response 40Hz-18kHz
- Polar pattern: Figure-8
- Consistent figure-8 polar pattern throughout frequency response
- Superb transient response
- Characteristically warm and natural sound
- Applications: stereo recording, overheads, M-S stereophonic recording with M 160
- Diaphragm: Pure aluminium
- Case/finish: Brass
- Connector: 3-pin XLR male