The Centerpiece of Your Home Studio
Focusrite's Clarett 4Pre 18-in/8-out audio interface is a powerful foundation for your studio or mobile recording rig. It sports four great-sounding Clarett microphone preamplifiers, an outstanding dynamic range, and ultra-fast, low-latency performance enabled by Thunderbolt. Clarett's magic starts as soon as you plug your microphones in — the mic preamps feature Focusrite's switchable Air effect, which switches in an analog model of Focusrite's classic ISA transformer-based mic pre. With flexible connectivity including analog and S/PDIF I/O, the Focusrite Clarett 4Pre is ready to integrate into virtually any recording rig.
Everything you need in a preamp/interface
The Clarett 4Pre's four newly designed Clarett mic preamps deliver a truly impressive dynamic range. Perfect for your home recording rig, the Clarett 4Pre gives you flexible connectivity — including analog, S/PDIF, and MIDI I/O, plus an ADAT input — all in a sleek desktop form factor. With its sonic performance, leading edge round-trip audio latency and ease of use, the Clarett 4Pre is an excellent value.
Use your favorite plug-ins in real time
With the Clarett 4Pre's exceedingly low round-trip audio latency over Thunderbolt, you can record and monitor in real time with your favorite familiar DAW plug-ins. No special processing or DSP is required. Select any plug-in and create your dream recording chain on every single channel. Every Clarett ships with the Focusrite Classic Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU, and VST plug-in suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range EQ and compression hardware. Also included is Softube's Time and Tone Bundle, with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
Newly designed Focusrite mic preamps bring your recordings to life
Focusrite fitted the Clarett 4Pre with mic preamps that were designed exclusively for the Clarett range with loads of pristine gain and vanishingly low noise. In addition, these preamps include Focusrite's proprietary Air feature that switches in an analog model of Focusrite's acclaimed classic transformer-based ISA mic pre, breathing life into your recordings. If you've always wanted vocals that shimmer with presence and silky air, then try recording with the Clarett 4Pre. You will be impressed.
Accurate digital conversion
Sweetwater engineers know that conversion is key to superior digital audio, and the Clarett 4Pre features Focusrite's class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion. Offering up to 119dB of dynamic range, Clarett is the cleanest way to get sound in and out of your DAW.
Track the band in a single take
The Focusrite Clarett 4Pre provides flexible I/O packed into a tidy desktop chassis. This includes four front-panel mic/line inputs (the first two of these are also instrument inputs), and on the real panel, four analog line inputs and outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and eight channels of ADAT optical input. The ADAT input can be used to bring in eight additional digital mic preamp channels, such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII, for maximum flexibility. The front panel also includes two convenient headphone jacks with level controls.
Intuitive and easy-to-use software mixer
Your Clarett comes with Focusrite Control, a brand-new software mixer that makes short work of configuring your monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers an easy-to-grasp traditional mixer workflow and gives you immediate access to internal hardware functions.
Remote control from your iPhone or iPad
With the free Focusrite iOS Control app, you can adjust the mixes you made with Focusrite Control on the desktop app from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Included software bundle:
- Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite accurately models Focusrite's coveted Red range EQ and compressor hardware
- Softube Time and Tone Pack with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, Saturation Knob, and Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor
- Ableton Live Lite
- 2G Loopmasters Samples
- Access to Focusrite's Plug-in Collective, with exclusive offers from Nugen Audio, Exponential Audio, Fabfilter, D16 Group, Flux, Positive Grid, Sound Radix, Eventide, iZotope, and more
Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Features:
- Four Clarett mic pres with Air
- Copious headroom, vanishingly low noise
- Focusrite's proprietary Air feature
- Focusrite's class-leading 24/192 conversion and sync
- Up to 119dB of dynamic range
- Flexible I/O with ADAT input for expansion of up to eight more inputs
- "Gain Halo" metering provides clear indication of levels to avoid clipping
- Intuitive, easy-to-use Focusrite Control software mixer makes short work of configuring your monitoring and routing and gives you quick access to internal hardware functions
- Record and monitor in real time with your favorite DAW plug-ins
- Create custom monitor setups for both you and your artists
- Includes Red 2/Red 3 plug-in suite and Softube's Time and Tone Bundle
- Four front-panel mic/line inputs with phantom power
- The first two combo connectors are also hi-Z inputs
- Four rear-panel 1/4" line inputs and outputs
- Stereo S/PDIF I/O, ADAT input (8 channels), MIDI I/O