The Virtual Bass Station!
Following the predictably stunning reaction to the V-Station, Novation 'goes back to its roots' with a VST and Audio unit Plug-In which flawlessly re-creates the the warmth, character and 'oomph' of the enormously successful Bass Station Keyboard and Rack analogue instruments. Re-invention of the classics, in a classic Bass Station re-invents the classic sound of analogue and provides you with all the prerequisite building blocks of the sound generation process. With total control.
- Two Oscillators that have been carefully modelled to preserve the precise tonal character of the classic sawtooth and square waveforms of the original instruments.
- Low-pass filtering with all the warmth and resonance often lacking in today's modern digital synthesis methods
- Intuitive ADSR envelopes - no need to calculate the complex interaction of endless rate and level parameters
- Low Frequency Oscillation which can directly control the harmonic content of the sound by pulse width modulation or filter cut-off
- Oscillator Sync for the most complex and expressive timbres and most importantly of all, an individual knob or switch for each parameter to allow you to control it manually as you play or program
Analogue modelled Oscillators/Bass Station sound The character of the two Oscillators has been carefully crafted to provide the classic sawtooth and square waveforms of the original instruments. The filter has been designed to deliver the elusive character from of the original Bass Station. Switch from 24dB to 12dB mode and the filter controls behave in the same manner as the controls of Roland's* classic TB303. Enhanced Classic panel for greater tweakability The simplicity of the original Bass Station panel was a key factor to the popularity of the instrument. The original front panel has been 3D modelled and additional controls have been added for ease of use. The Filter envelope has its own set of ADSR controls and OSC1 and OSC2 have their own section for pitch modulation and PWM control. Finally, all controls receive MIDI controller numbers for the recording and replay of tweaks during a performance. Setup screen Accessing the additional parameter editing screen is a single mouse click away. On the setup screen you'll find extra functions such as Wheel, Aftertouch and Breath control along with a variety system wide settings. 100 Stunning Sounds The multi-award winning Bass Station Rack came packed with awesome presets that became the soundtrack for many of the Dance hits of the 90's. The Bass Station Plug-In is shipped with the classic originals along with many more totalling 100 sounds for immediate gratification. The patches cover a huge sonic range from screaming leads to phatt funky basses. Features:
- Software Plug in instrument version of Bass Station Keyboard and Rack synthesizers
- Industry Standard VST (for PC Platforms) and MAC Audio Unit Plug-in format
- Flawlessly re-creates the authentic analog sound of the originals
- Sounds created in original Bass Stations can be uploaded into Plug In or vice-versa
- All controls send/receive MIDI controllers and automation commands in the host sequencer
- Bank of 100 factory prewritten user memories.
- Very low CPU usage - Typically 1.5% on 1.8 Ghz Pentium
- On screen dynamic velocity responsive keyboard. (Mouse position determines velocity)