We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

mutiple digital audio out

Terry McNamara

I have an hp pavilion desktop
I am looking for a sound card
that can output multiple digital audio at the same time, and or output digital and analog at the same time.
I want to listen to iTunes and send the signal to my computer speakers analog and to three different receivers either with optical or coax digital audio.
does this product exist?
April 5, 2013 @12:20pm
wogg

You're probably better off looking for a typical audio card that has analog and digital output, then using a splitter to distribute the digital outputs to multiple receivers.
Coax digital audio can be put through a composite video signal splitter / distribution box since the signals are both 75 ohm. Optical S/PDIF is a little trickier, but a quick search found some optical splitters out there, like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Port-Optical-Audio-S-PDIF-Toslink-Splitter-Amplifier-/120444326891
April 6, 2013 @12:58pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!