We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Echo MiaMIDI vs. M-Audio Audiophile 2496

draft

I'm building a DAW system for my friend and one thing that I've been wondering is that which value priced sound card I should select. The last two canditates i have left are:
- Echo MiaMIDI
and
- M-Audio Audiophile 2496
I'd like to heard recommendations that which one should I buy? Their price difference is so small that it really doesn't matter.
Just which one is better?
March 5, 2004 @11:45am
BagHun

Are you selecting software based on compatibility with the card or the other way around?
In other words, have you picked a sequencer application yet? What computer are you putting this in?
March 5, 2004 @02:59pm
TimOBrien

I picked up a Mia card 1.5 years ago based on a Sound-On-Sound good review of it. Have been very happy with it.
But at this price point, I don't think it really matters which one you pick. They are both good $100-200 soundcards.
Just buy one and get recording.
March 5, 2004 @05:47pm
Easto

The Mia card has Balanced connections. The M-Audio does not. That pretty much answers the question in my book.
March 5, 2004 @06:43pm
draft

I will be using Cubase SX 2 and various VST plugins. I've heard lots of good about both cards and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get.
My setup will most likely be (ASUS) NForce2/AMD Athlon XP 3000+ based.
March 6, 2004 @02:53pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!