We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Alesis Q49 Issue

HighOfTheTiger

I just bought the Alesis Q49. It came with the free Ableton Live Lite disc, but no driver disc. Their website offers no downloadable drivers for this product and I've had very little luck receiving any help from their tech support. I'm using Reason 5, on Vista 64 bit, but I know it's not a problem inside of Reason because my computer won't even locate the controller, and can't locate any drivers, and google isn't coming through with any sites that have driver downloads for it. So first, is it even compatible on a 64 bit OS? And if so, what can I do to find the drivers?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
May 30, 2011 @01:07am
KillerDivine

You may have to go in via Traditional Midi...
I'm using a Midi to USB converter and an old Casio keyboard and Reason (5.0.1) recognizes it fine. I've even hooked up my Alesis Sr-16 and used it as a pad controller. Just tell Reason you have a generic midi controller and it should work, but I don't think you'll be able to use any features on the Q49 itself.
May 30, 2011 @09:29am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!