We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

ADAT HD 24 Firewire transfer??

SAPA

So how do I actually transfer audio Firewire from Adat HD 24 to my IMAC ( What firewire port is needed on my IMAC ??and what equipment do I need? Everybody says you can do it ,,nobody can give me the details!!
September 28, 2010 @11:52am
jpleong

You need this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Fireport
It comes with the software you need to transfer tracks to a local hard drive.
JP
September 28, 2010 @03:08pm
gcjammin1

You need to get HD24 tools. It's freeware and it works a lot better than the fireport. Go to the yahoo group HD24 group. You will need to buy an external hot swap caddy, but it is very reasonable. You will be able to record your tracks on the HD24. Take out the caddy and put it in the hot swap caddy, start HD24 tools and load the tracks into your mac. You can then pull them into your DAW, edit them and then load them back onto the HD24 drive in the hot swap. Then you can put that caddy back in the HD24 and play them.
You can get a lot of info and help with the HD24 in this group.
Gcjammin1
September 29, 2010 @03:54am
jpleong

You need to get HD24 tools. It's freeware and it works a lot better than the fireport. Go to the yahoo group HD24 group. You will need to buy an external hot swap caddy, but it is very reasonable. You will be able to record your tracks on the HD24. Take out the caddy and put it in the hot swap caddy, start HD24 tools and load the tracks into your mac. You can then pull them into your DAW, edit them and then load them back onto the HD24 drive in the hot swap. Then you can put that caddy back in the HD24 and play them.
You can get a lot of info and help with the HD24 in this group.
Gcjammin1

I've been using the Fireport on PC for years with no problems. How is HD24 tools better? Is it better on the Mac?
JP
September 29, 2010 @12:48pm
gcjammin1

With HD24 tools you use a ViPower case and it holds the same caddy as the HD24, so you can hotswap them via firewire. In HD24 tools you can rename your tracks or swap the tracks around. It also allows you to repair your headers if you ever lose a project. I've never experieced this, but I've seen replies within the yahoo group from people who have been able to save a session and recover their audio with this software. Regardless of whether you go with HD24 tools or not, you need to join this group. These guys know everything about the HD24. They've got a list of the compatible hard drives, detailes for a fan replacement for a quieter fan and a bunch of troubleshooting tips.
I've never used the Fireport, but according to the people who have used both, they prefer HD24 tools. There is also a guy that's a member of the yahoo forum who has developed a SATA caddy that he sells that works great. I think it's $75.
Gcjammin1
September 29, 2010 @04:12pm
jpleong

That SATA caddy would definitely be worth it...!
JP
September 29, 2010 @05:31pm
Trumpetguy7

I'm interested in this!
http://en.vipower.com/products01.php?CID=122&PageID=119
Here is the website....which external caddy do you have? Which hard drive would you recommend with it?
I just got a HD24XR and the fireport is out of a stock for a while plus there might be compatability issues.
Can you please help me find this stuff?
December 7, 2010 @03:23am
gcjammin1

Go to HD24 group on yahoo. They have a list of compatible HD and you can find the ViPower unit. One of the members also sells a SATA caddie. You will also need to download HD24 Tools.
December 7, 2010 @03:30pm
lonzenator

So how do I actually transfer audio Firewire from Adat HD 24 to my IMAC ( What firewire port is needed on my IMAC ??and what equipment do I need? Everybody says you can do it ,,nobody can give me the details!!

and 6 to 9 firewire cable and a freeware app called hd24 connect. Works great.
May 15, 2012 @06:32pm
jpleong

and 6 to 9 firewire cable and a freeware app called hd24 connect. Works great.

These HD24 threads are nearly two-years old, man...
JP
May 15, 2012 @06:41pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!