0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pros & Cons: TASCAM dp-008 and ZOOM R16?

kdbrannon

I am really on the fence - going to buy one of these two items.
1. Which of these two units is easier to use and why?
2. Which has more tricky menu-driven tasks - and/or is it close between the two?
3. DP-008 only has on-board reverb, look like R16 has many guitar and vocal effects? That seems like a big deal to me...many sounds from your guitar or bass or vocals at your fingertips, or is it? This is pushing me toward the R16. Should it?
4. I don't have any pro-tools experience, but the R16 comes with cubase - which sounds like an added bonus - being able to play with and refine tracks on the PC?
5. The dp-0008 doesn't come with a power adaptor. Does the R16? The lack of a power adaptor seems downright dumb - and I'd want to buy one with the unit, correct? I don't want to be changing batteries often - maybe ever.
Basically - it seems to me that for $100 more, the R16 offers many more features - but I only want those features if the overall ease of recording onto the unit is not much more (or any more) complex than the dp-008.
What am I missing in my assessment? Thanks!
May 23, 2010 @08:49am
Byll

May 23, 2010 @12:54pm
zstarsales04

Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSPgo, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
www.zstar.hk
www.tigersupermall.com
May 26, 2010 @06:30am
anthonylau

Hello, everybody, I am a new here. Here is something might be helpful for you.
www.r4i-dshc.com
www.ndsill.net
www.edgei-ds.cn (many movies to download)
www.tigersupermall.com
May 27, 2010 @03:32am
stuv907

The symptom wow gold passed. He put the rationalize ennoble o.k. in its form, but for the time he could not localize termination to wow powerleveling dying reflect of the cheat job. His thoughts [http://www.ugamesale.com/buy-cheap-warcraft-gold/]Buy cheap warcraft gold wandered again. Most unconsciously he derived with his advert in the detritus on the array:
June 25, 2010 @04:24am