We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Peavey Vs Roland-- HELP!!!!!

newbie_2008

Hey Pros,
I am no pro, farrrrrrr from it and so I need your knowledgeable opinions.
I'm buying a Yamaha MO8 for home use; basically for practice and relaxation purposes and I need an amp.
I don't need anything elaborate or professional in an amp since all I'll be doing is playing in my room and occasionally entertaining the small crowd that converges on weekends. However, what I do need is a cut between affordable and very clean workable sound.
I'm thinking about Peavey KB-2 or Roland KC-60

Thoughts anyone?
Thanks
September 28, 2008 @08:32pm
williams88

It really depends on this...
the Peavey has a mic input, do you use a mic?
If not, why pay the extra $4 just get theRoland.
Hope this helps
September 28, 2008 @10:39pm
Smithcok

I have 2 of the Roland amps (one small, one big, can't remember the numbers)
I can say nothing but good things about them. They are built like tanks and sound good.
September 28, 2008 @11:25pm
Byll

Smithcok and I often agree on issues, and this one is no different. I also own one of the Roland keyboard amps - the KC 150, methinks... The amp is a winner. The EQ is very usable, and the sound is full and artifact-free. It has served me well, both in rehearsal, and in performance.
Best.
Byll
September 29, 2008 @12:23am
jpleong

When you say "converges on weekends" what does that mean? If this setup isn't going to move at all (ie, no gigging), you may be better served with a studio monitor pair.
JP
September 29, 2008 @02:19pm
newbie_2008

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it.
In my earlier post, I forgot to include the fact that I'll be using a mic with the amp since I sing and play.
September 29, 2008 @05:37pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!