We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pro Tools headache..help please

santicool89

I recently installed pro tools 6.9 (digi 002 rack) and am having some issues. Sometimes when i open it a pop up screen says DAE error 1115 and closes pro tools. Then after uninstalling it and installing pro tools again i got pro tools to load a session but when i pushed play it said "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct." then after i click ok it says DAE error 6087.. I am running pro tools on Windows...amd 64...1.8 Ghz 1.2 gig ram... 300 GB in external hard drive... i went out and bought PCMCIA card that had a six pin firewire to connect to the digi 002...because the laptop only had a 4 pin firewire... i dont know if it has anything to do with the problems... im leaving the country... and am taking the laptop with me to do some recording while i am out... i need to get this fixed... any suggestions are very much appreciated... thank you
May 25, 2006 @08:15pm
santicool89

when i plug in the digi 002 into the laptop through the PCMCIA firewire card my monitor start buzzing and making weird noises... it stops when i turn the laptop off.... it's not cell phone interference... and when i plug in the digi into my PC which is right by the laptop it works fine.
May 25, 2006 @08:18pm
santicool89

other times it'll also freeze up and say "Pro tools in unable to reacquire the hardware because it is in use by another program. Please quit that program and then hit "OK". If the hardware cant be freed, Pro Tools cant continue to run. In this event, hit "QUIT"."
I am not running any other programs while Pro Tools runs.
Then clicking OK doesnt work so i press QUIT and it says DAE error 1115. Then asks me if i want to save the session.
May 25, 2006 @08:24pm
EC_Beast

"According to Digidesign, in one case this was directly caused by having a SoundBlaster 24 External USB interface connected.
Leave the SoundBlaster interface disconnected to prevent error from happening."
Everything else I see is in reference to OSX
May 26, 2006 @05:45am
juanramonortiz

"Pro Tools is unable to reacquire the Hardware, because it is in use by another program. Quit that program and then hit OK. If the Hardware cannot be freed, Pro Tools cannot continue to run. In this event hit Quit."
I had been getting this alert every time I tried to adjust the hardware buffer size in my M-Powered Pro Tools 8. I first thought it was because a bad installation or because a compatibility problem with one of my plug-ins.
After formating my computer several times and try to find out the cause of this, I realize the problem was because I was use my M-Audio soundcard to reproduce all windows sounds, including the Windows Media Player. When I formatted my computer I only install my M-Audio soundcard. I never used to install my motherboard audio drivers (Realtek). Once I installed these drivers and select Realtek to reproduce all sounds except Pro Tools of course (that one with my M-Audio Delta 1010LT) the problem stops. Now I can adjust my buffer size everytime I want and I'm not getting this message anymore at last. That works for me. I hope you can solved this problem too.
Regards,
Jro
Note: Go to Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices and select you motherboad audio driver and leave only your professional sound card for Pro Tools.
April 16, 2009 @04:03pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!