Why do I see the â€śFailed to Load Resourceâ€ť or “Out of Memory” errors when launching my BIAS software?
- Article #1717281
- Added on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM
The “Failed to Load Resource” and “Out of Memory” error messages indicate that one â€” or all â€” of your BIAS license files are damaged.
To fix this problem:
- Delete the damaged license files â€” these are located in:
- Windows Vista & Windows 7 â€” C:\Program Data*\BIAS\Licenses
- Windows XP â€” C:\ProgramFiles\BIAS\Licenses
- Once you access the Licenses folder, delete the license file for the application you are having trouble with.
- Once this file is deleted, launch your BIAS software and authorize with your original serial number.
*Program Data is a hidden folder. To be able to view it, you have to change a setting in the Folder Options control panel:
- Open the Folder Options control panel.
- Click the â€śViewâ€ť tab.
- Click the â€śShow hidden files, folders, or drivesâ€ť radio button.
- Click the â€śApplyâ€ť button.
- Click the â€śOKâ€ť button to exit.
Note that after you have finished deleting the damaged license files, you may wish to restore the original hidden folders behavior. To do so, simply click the â€śDonâ€™t show hidden files, folders, or drivesâ€ť radio button, also in the â€śAdvanced settingsâ€ť list, in the View tab of the Folder Options control panel.