Using the Zoom H6 Handy Recorder as an SD card reader
- Article #1718942
- Updated on Oct 20, 2016 at 9:25 PM
To use the Zoom H6 as an SD card reader, follow the procedure below. Please note that if you’re having trouble getting your H6 to read the SD card, make sure the micro SD card is inserted into the SD card adapter and formatted the SD Card. For more information, see our article about the SD card adapter.
- With the device powered on, press the menu button located on the side of the device.
- Use the scroll switch located next to the menu button to select “USB,” then press the scroll switch.
- Use the scroll switch to select “SD Card Reader,” then press the scroll switch.
- Finally, connect the H6 to your computer.
- When you’re done using the H6 with your computer, be sure to properly eject the device. On Windows, you can do this by using the “Safely Remove Hardware” function. On a Mac, drag and drop the H6 icon to the trash, or right click and select “Eject.”
Note that if you want to power your H6 using the computer’s USB connection, connect the H6 to your computer while the unit is OFF, and then turn it on.