Sonar X3 Upgrade Information: VST rescan recommended for all upgraders
- Article #1721063
- Updated on Oct 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
If you are upgrading to Sonar X3, Cakewalk recommends a full VST rescan to take full advantage of the new VST3 integration and other enhancements. Please note that when doing a VST rescan, any custom configuration settings applied to your plug-ins will be erased.
To do a full VST rescan in Sonar, follow the steps below:
- Launch Sonar.
- Click on the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Navigate to File – VST Settings.
- Underneath Scan Options, place a check mark next to “Rescan Failed Plug-ins” and “Rescan Existing Plug-ins.”
- When prompted to confirm, select Yes.
- Click the Scan button.
- At this point, the background VST scanner will scan through your list of plug-ins. When the scanner is complete, you can reapply the custom settings to your plug-ins.
- Be sure to remove the check marks next to “Rescan Failed Plug-ins” and “Rescan Existing Plug-ins,” especially if “Automatic Background Scan” is turned on. Leaving all of these options enabled at the same time could lead to a continuous scan loop.