1. The CHANNEL button is the 60;safety61; or 60;PANIC61; button
for the DA7. Press this button to return the LCD screen to the [CHANNEL] window from any other window that is currently displayed.
2. To automatically set the fader of an individual channel to zero level: Simultaneously press the SELECT LED button and the ON LED button of the channel strip, and the fader will move to the zero level position.
3. To automatically set the faders of BUS 1-8 and MASTER L/R to zero level: Simultaneously press the SELECT LED button, the ON LED button of the MASTER L/R strip and the AUX/BUS LED button of the Fader Layer section and all of these faders will move to the zero level position.
4. To recalibrate the faders: Press the INPUT 1-16 button and the CUSTOM/MIDI button simultaneously. The faders will immediately clear themselves of all settings, and will perform the recalibration. This will take several seconds. When this operation is finished, the faders will return to the positions they were in before the recalibration. It is a good idea to
periodically recalibrate the faders. It can increase the accuracy and performance of the moving fader system in the DA7.
5. To clear flipped faders to a specific layer: Press and hold the master fader layer button for the layer you want all the faders to switch to for two seconds.
6. To clear all solo’d channels: When you have solo’d multiple channels, you may wish to clear them all at the same time. You may not be able to see all the channels you have solo’d at any one time because they may be on different fader layers, thus causing confusion as to what is or is not solo’d. In either
case, simply press any solo button for two seconds and all the solos will clear.
7. To clear all grouped channels: In the [FADER GROUP] and [MUTE GROUP] windows, pressing any one of the SELECT LED buttons in the group for two seconds will clear all channels assigned.
8. Pressing the AUTOMATION/AUX button on the top panel of the DA7 to select automation acts as a shortcut to the RECORD button in the AUTOMATION EXECUTE screen.
9. You can create a stereo or link channel pair by simultaneously pressing the appropriate channel SELECT LED buttons, when the [CHANNEL] window [LINK] area is. To cancel, simultaneously press the buttons a second time. Be very careful with the use of this feature, as you can create a LINKED pair
(two Mono faders with two Mono EQ’s, Dynamics, etc.) or a true STEREO pair (two faders with the same operation and stereo EQ, Dynamics, etc.) 10. To toggle inputs for INPUT 9 – 14 and INPUT 15 – 16 between SLOT3 (digital) and ANALOG IN 1-16. While holding down the MMC/CURSOR button in the CURSOR CONTROL section, press the D-I/O button in the SETUP section.
11. The DIRECT LED button in the PAN/ASSIGN/ section of the Top Panel is a shortcut to the [TO SLOT] window.
12. If you want to view the AUX SEND status on the LED field while AUTOMATION is [ENABLE] and [MMC] is active, simultaneously press the SHIFT key of the Keypad and the AUTOMATION/AUX LED button. This will only change the LED display, and will not interrupt the AUTOMATION operation.
13. To monitor surround sound: You should turn ON and assign the buses as surround sound in the [SURROUND SOUND] area of the [SOLO/MONITOR] window.
14. To change the channel for [EQ] or [DYN/DLY] while in Automation: Select MMC as the cursor mode and simultaneously press the SHIFT (#0) button and the SELECT LED button of the channel to change its parameters.
15. In the fader link, you can change the fader position that is linked, while pressing the SELECT LED button of that channel.
16. Pressing the FLIP LED buttons is an easy way to access specific channels that are not in the current Fader Layer without flipping the whole board to a new layer.
17. When a source field or button is 60;crosshatched61; and/or cannot be selected, that means the source or slot is either improperly connected, or the attached external device is not presently turned on.
18. When the [BATTERY] graph displays 60;LOW BATTERY61;, back up the DA7 memory by performing a bulk output routine from the [MIDI>BULK] window. Do not let the battery run out, or you may inadvertently lose the DA7 memory.
19. To reset the DA7 to factory default settings: Simultaneously press the CHANNEL and METER buttons in the [MASTER DISPLAY] area. This will reset all the mixer functions and clear the libraries and memories. Please note that this is an irrevocable procedure. You can protect your mixer settings
from being lost by using the [MIDI>BULK] procedure.