To set up the VM-7100/7200 Mixing System to interface with the ADAT- or TDIF- compatible tape and hard disk-based devices via the DIF-AT, use the following steps:
1. Hold down SHIFT and press the PROJECT/SYSTEM button.
2. CURSOR DOWN to “Digital I/O” and press F1.
3. Make sure the WORD CLOCK SOURCE is set to “Internal”.
4. PAGE UP to navigate to “Menu”. Press F3 to select SYNC CLOCK. The SYNC MASTER should be set to “Int”, the MMC MASTER should be set to “Int”, and the MACHINE TYPE should be set to “HD”.
5. PAGE UP to navigate to “Menu”. CURSOR UP and press F1 to select SYSTEM CONFIG.
6. PAGE DOWN to the corresponding RBUS port and make sure the DIF-AT CONTROL TARGET is set to “ADAT”. If using a Tascam TDIF-compatible device, use the F1 knob to set this to “DA-88”.