The following procedure can be used to clear the internal memory and reload some of the factory settings:
(CAUTION: All USER information will be lost. Be sure to back up any information you wish to keep.)
Original factory data for the U-20 must be loaded in via MIDI or a memory card. There is, however, a memory clearing function that returns most of the other parameters to their original factory settings. Use the following procedure to initialize the U-20:
1. Press PART and RHYTHM simultaneously to enter ROM play mode.
2. While holding MARK and JUMP, press ENTER to enter Test mode.
3. While holding JUMP, press NUMBER 7.
4. Press ENTER.
5. Press VALUE [^] to confirm.
6. While holding MARK and JUMP, press EXIT to exit Test mode.
Note: See “Loading System Exclusive Data” for the procedure to load the factory data through MIDI.