When two or more pads are mounted to the same stand, hitting one pad may trigger the sound from another pad unintentionally. This is referred to as “Crosstalk.” Increasing the Crosstalk Cancel (X-TALK CANCEL) value for a pad can help reduce the possibility of crosstalk.
Use the following procedure to adjust the Crosstalk Cancel
for a pad in the TD-3:
1. Press the EDIT button repeatedly until the light above “XTALK CANCEL” is lit.
3. Hit the pad that’s being inadvertently triggered by another. For example, if you hit one of the tom pads and it triggers one of the crash pads, you’ll want to increase the X-TALK CANCEL for the CRASH pad.
4. Press the + or – button to adjust the XTALK CANCEL (OFF-80).
5. Repeat steps 3 – 4 for any remaining pads if needed.
6. When youre finished, press DRUM KIT. The new settings are saved automatically.