The JD-800 sliders can be set to send MIDI messages that can be recorded into
your sequencer. When adjusting a selected parameter such as cutoff, resonance,
panning, etc., the JD-800 transmits a series of system exclusive messages. Use
the following procedure to enable the Transmit Edit function:
On the JD-800:
1) Press MIDI.
2) Use the CURSOR UP/DOWN buttons to select “TX Edit Data.”
3) Press the INC (increment) button to turn this parameter ON.
On the JD-990:
1) Press SYSTEM SETUP so it is lit.
2) CURSOR to “RX Exclusive” and use the VALUE dial to select ON-2.
3) Press SYSTEM SETUP to return to the previous screen.
NOTE: You will need to enable this transmit function each time you turn the