Use the following steps for setting up the BR-800 as a control surface for SONAR LE.
Note: Install the BR-800 driver according to the instructions on the included BR-800 DVD-ROM before performing the steps below.
1. Press the MENU button.
2. Cursor to “USB,” and then press ENTER.
3. Cursor to “CONTROL SURFACE,” and then press ENTER—this puts the BR-800 in Control Surface mode.
SONAR LE Setup
1. Launch SONAR LE.
2. From the Options menu, select “MIDI Devices…”
3. Click the BR-800 boxes for both the Input and Output windows—a checkmark appears inside both boxes.
4. Click OK.
5. From the Options menu, select “Controller/Surfaces…”
Note: If there are any control surfaces already listed, select each one and click the red “X” to delete it.
4. Click the yellow “Add New Control Surface” button above the red “X”. The Controller Surface Settings window appears.
5. In the Controller Surface Settings window, set Controller/Surface to “Mackie Control.” In addition, set both the Input Port and Output Port to “BR-800.”
6. Click OK, and then close the Controller/Surfaces window.
The BR-800 is now set up to act as a control surface for SONAR LE.