How do I verify my academic copy of Sibelius?
- Article #1720255
- Updated on Aug 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Avid academic institution, academic individual, and student versions are for use by eligible students, faculty, teachers, and administrators. You will be asked to verify your eligibility for the educational price after purchase. You must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of education eligibility to Avid. Read the complete eligibility guidelines at http://www.avid.com/US/resources/Academic-Eligibility.
- University/college students — Students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited, government-recognized public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees and/or certificates.
- Faculty and staff — Teachers and staff employed by an accredited, government-recognized public or private primary or secondary school, local education authority, or public or private university or college, for-profit career/vocational schools that grant degrees and/or certificates, and schools for instrumental instruction/tuition.
- Academic institutions – Eligible academic institutions may purchase multi-seat licenses for Sibelius, Pro Tools, and/or Media Composer. In some cases volume discounts may apply. Purchase must be made through a school or university purchase order.
To verify your academic copy of Sibelius, follow these steps:
- Find your educational verification code, which will be included in your box.
- Visit www.identit-e.com/avid and enter your educational verification code, proof of eligibility and other details as requested.
- Identit-E will then process your case, and provide you with your new Activation Code via e-mail.
- The emailed Activation Code is to be used in your MyAvid Account.
- From there, you can do the registration process as outlined here.
If your request has been rejected due to inactivity, please contact Identit-E to request that the case be reopened.
In the event that you do not fulfil Avid’s terms and conditions for educational licensing, you should return that copy of Sibelius.
In the event that Avid must be contacted regarding your rejection, please create a support case here.