How do I update my PC’s USB 3.0 chipset drivers?
- Article #1719782
- Added on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:25 PM
If you’re computer has USB 3.0 ports and you’re having difficulties with your audio interface, it may be beneficial to make sure you’re running the latest drivers for your USB 3.0 chipset. Follow the setps below to learn how. If you’re not sure if your computer has USB 3.0, click here.
- You’ll need to determine who manufactured your USB 3.0 chipset. To do that, click the Start menu and navigating to the Control Panel. Once there, go to System and Maintenance, then Device Manager.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of categories and open USB Serial Bus Controllers.
- Locate any item within the USB Serial Bus Controllers with the words USB 3.0 in the title. That item should also contain your chipset’s manufacturer. For example: Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller. In that case, Resnesas Electronics is the manufacturer.
- Once you know who manufactured your USB 3.0 chipset, go to their website and download and install the latest drivers for your chipset.