The foot switch on the Faderport does start/stop only.
To use the foot switch on the Faderport in ProTools:
- Set up the Faderport as a HUI device per the manual.
- In the floating Transport window in PT, enable pre-roll for the number of seconds you’d like to hear before the punch point, and set a post-roll if you’d like.
- Place the cursor in ProTools where you’d like to start the punch, or highlight the section you’d like to punch.
- Enable Punch on the Faderport.
- Press the Record Enable button on the Faderport.
- When you’re ready to go, press the foot switch to start and then press it a second time when you’d like to stop/punch out. If you highlight the section to punch, you won’t have to hit the footswitch to punch out.