How do I add instrument plug-ins (such as EZDrummer) in the new GarageBand X?
- Article #1721559
- Updated on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
So you’ve installed some instrument plug-ins and you want to use them in the new GarageBand X, but you can’t find them. Don’t worry, if you follow the steps below, you’ll have your new plug-ins up and running in no time. Keep in mind that while we used EZDrummer in this demonstration, this applies to all AU instruments.
- First, make sure you’ve created a Software Instrument track. By default, the instrument will be Classic Electric Piano.
- Next, click on the Smart Controls button.
- A window will show at the bottom of GarageBand. Click the “i” icon as pictured below to reveal more options.
- You will see a section labeled Audio Units. Click on the area that says “Instruments.”
From there, you can select the manufacturer for your instrument. In this case, we have Toontrack’s EZDrummer installed, so we’ll choose that.
- You may be asked to lower GarageBand’s security settings in order to run your plug-in. Click Lower Security Settings.
- Voila! Your AU instrument has been inserted.