Setting up Cakewalk Sonar
EZplayer requires Sonar version 5 or later (previous versions do not support key
functionality necessary for operations).
Before you start, you should make sure that you are familiar with how to operate
Virtual Instruments in your host and that you have a copy of YFDS (Your Favourite
Drum Sampler) configured for Audio and MIDI playback.
1) Inserting the plugin:
– Open the Synth Rack and insert EZplayer as a VST
– Make sure you select the ‘First Synth Output’ option
– Still in the Property box enable MIDI Output
2) Setting up:
– Insert YFDS, complete with Audio Outputs and Source MIDI track
– Set the Input of the MIDI track assigned to YFDS to EZplayer
– In EZplayer, choose the appropriate MIDI Output format for YFDS
– Select a groove in EZplayer and press Play
3) Building a drum track:
– Once you have found the right groove, simply drag and drop the MIDI file to the
MIDI track with YFDS in the Arrangement View.
– Add additional grooves from EZplayer to create your new drum track.