The Yamaha DG Stomp includes pre-programmed settings for 8 of the most popular modern and vintage amplifier types plus 14 effects that include various types of modulation, delay, and reverb. Manual mode bypasses the pre-programmed parameters and reflects the position of the knobs.
Editing a Patch:
1) Press the [UP] or [DOWN] button to select a Patch to edit.
2) Engage the Manual Edit Mode. Select one of the following options:
a) Press and hold down the [MANUAL] button momentarily. The [MANUAL] button LED will illuminate.
b) Adjust ANY parameter control knob such as the ‘COMP’, ‘SPEED’, ‘DEPTH’, or ‘AMP SELECT’ knob or press ANY effect button. The [MANUAL] button LED will begin to blink.
NOTE: A parameter control knob will not change any values until the knob position equals or crosses over the stored parameter value of the currently selected patch.
3) Make all parameter adjustments and effect ON/OFF settings as desired.
Storing a Patch:
1) Press and hold down the [STORE] button momentarily. The [STORE] button LED will begin to blink.
2) Press the [UP] or [DOWN] button to select a location to store the new Patch, 011 – 933.
3) Press and hold down the [STORE] button momentarily. All button LEDs will blink once simultaneously.
Reference: DG Stomp Owners Manual, p. 13, 17